Carles Puyol Farewell event

F

Flavia

FC Barcelona announces special event to honour Carles Puyol

www.fcbarcelona.cat
05/09/2014 14:30

Next Thursday, at an institutional event in the Auditori 1899, the captain will be honoured for his contributions to the club

1000x410_puyol-ENG.v1399638393.jpg

Next Thursday 15 May at 13.30 in the Auditori 1899, the Club is holding a farewell event to honour Carles Puyol’s retirement as an FC Barcelona player.
The event will be attended by president Josep Maria Bartomeu, and representatives of the Board of Directors, the first team squad, coaches, friends, relatives, executives and other dignitaries.

Carles Puyol started out as a footballer in his hometown of La Pobla de Segur. His huge potential soon showed through and in the 1995/96 season he joined the Barça youth system, living at La Masia. It wasn’t long before he was one of the key members of the Barça B team, and on October 2, 1999, his dream finally came true when he made his first team debut.

His first major title as a Barça player was the 2004/05 Liga, when he lifted the trophy at the Camp Nou as first team captain. The following season, 2005/06, the Catalan defender led the team to another Liga title as well as his first Champions League in Paris. In total, he has won six Ligas, three UEFA Champions League, two Spanish Cups, two European Supercups, six Spanish Supercups and two Clubs World Cups. In addition, with the Spanish national side he has won one World Cup, two European Championships and a silver medal at the 2000 Olympic Games.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Legend, THE Captain. What can you say. No word is enough to describe how great Carles Puyol i Saforcada is. I hope he stays at the club in some capacity in the future. And yes, I hope he gets a perfect farewell with a league title, want to see him lift it for the last time, would be a perfect end to his career(He is apparently gonna announce retirement soon)

Devils

He's not just a great captain. He's THE GREATEST EVER captain in the history of this club.

It hurts to see him go, but Puyol has had a pristine career.

In total, he has won six Ligas, three UEFA Champions League, two Spanish Cups, two European Supercups, six Spanish Supercups and two Clubs World Cups. In addition, with the Spanish national side he has won one World Cup, two European Championships and a silver medal at the 2000 Olympic Games.

It really speaks for itself on how great Puyi really is. A man who stood by his club through the best and worst of times and came out a legend.

Last edited:

hardyboy

Captain, Leader, Legend. Barca won't be the same without him.:cry:..Players should give it their all, play like their lives are dependent on it in the next 2 games and win the liga for Puyol and Tito.

Adrian

Got to be one of the best captains ever. I don't know anyone who hates him.

I almost can't imagine a Barca without him, I hope he is staying with the club in some form.

Home of Barca Fans