RB Next Season?

Who would you prefer as 1st choice RB next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barcaboy15

Interested to heat the thoughts of forum members; who would you want to be our starting RB next season?

serghei

I'd keep Alves for now. The names that are mentioned these days don't fill me with joy... Alves-Montoya. Let the new coach decide who plays as a starter.

barcaboy15

Personally, I think Alves should be sold. He is a huge liability defensively and I don't think he contributes enough in attack anymore to justify that.

Although I'm a big fan of De Sciglio, my preferred choice is actually Bartra, followed by Montoya.

Bartra has been very impressive for me this season, but as it seems we'll finally be buying a world-class CB to partner Pique, his opportunities will be limited. Therefore moving (back) to RB would be the best choice plus it would also give us that much needed stability in defence that's been lost ever since Abidal.

Would also give Alba full license to attack from the left without having to worry so much about the 2 CBs being left completely exposed.

serghei

Personally, I think Alves should be sold. He is a huge liability defensively and I don't think he contributes enough in attack anymore to justify that.

Although I'm a big fan of De Sciglio, my preferred choice is actually Bartra, followed by Montoya.

Bartra has been very impressive for me this season, but as it seems we'll finally be buying a world-class CB to partner Pique, his opportunities will be limited. Therefore moving (back) to RB would be the best choice plus it would also give us that much needed stability in defence that's been lost ever since Abidal.

Would also give Alba full license to attack from the left without having to worry so much about the 2 CBs being left completely exposed.

Having Montoya and Bartra as the only RBs -- one of them is a CB in fact -- is very very very risky. If it doesn't work, we're screwed for the season, like we were screwed in this one, when Valdes tore his ACL.

Lomar1o

if alves has to leave then i'd want to see some other world class defensive CB. but there are none. so i guess we'll have to settle with montoya

Home of Barca Fans