Which CB would you buy?

Which CB would you buy?

• Total voters

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
What would we do with Martinez when we have Busquets? He is too good for the bench and didn´t look comfortable everytime he played in defense with Bayern.

I thought he looked like a beast for Bielsa when played for Bilbao as a CB. He made some mistakes but that's really what justified his 40M price tag was after that great season.

I just saw him play at CB against Italy with Pique out and looked like a stud again.

I thought he looked great in defense for Bayern when he has actually got any playing time this season. He did look fantastic in midfield last season with Bayern and he could certainly push Busquets too.

If I had to choose between getting Martinez or Laporte right now, I would be absolutely want to get Martinez first but I really hope we are able to land both.

I've always loved Del Bosque's double-pivot of Alonso/Busquets and i think Martinez/Busquets could be just as dynamic. That's just a pipe-dream at this point but it would certainly make us much more solid defensively.

That's what I love about the possibility of signing Javi, he's just so versatile and he would allow us to move Song w/ no problem at all.

serghei

Hummels/Benatia + Laporte/Doria.

So --> Hummels + Laporte, Hummels + Doria, Benatia + Laporte, Benatia + Doria. One of these 4 options. Imperative to buy 2 CBs in the summer.

ebieymjunior

Hummels/Benatia + Laporte/Doria.

So --> Hummels + Laporte, Hummels + Doria, Benatia + Laporte, Benatia + Doria. One of these 4 options. Imperative to buy 2 CBs in the summer.

Two word: Edgar Ié. Don't overlook him or his future. 1 CB is enough if Mascherano stays for another year (even if he doesn't).

Last edited:

serghei

I think Garay would be good to have, but I know that would involve paying Real too.

He's not that young and he ain't world class either. Don't see the point in buying him. Pique, Bartra + 2 CBs should be enough -- two experienced, highly rated CBs, and 2 young, but reliable ones. Bartra is getting there slowly but steady and Doria/Laporte are already top quality for their age. Four players for two spots, with Mascherano as the fifth, desperate measure.

B

beautifulgame

castan would be a great addition. or another player that can play stopper to a sweeper position.

benatia, laporte, (wont happen) doria, castan all good picks. i have some other south americans in mind too

Home of Barca Fans