Dilemma

Should we throw the game?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

I'd field the b team. Or even better, the reserves of the b team. Maybe put iniesta, messi and xavi, but oier as gk, and the weakest defense possible.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
The thought of throwing a game makes me sick....but in the given scenario? I'd have to relent and let it happen. Atletico deserve to win the league imo. And fuck rm. Can you imagine a madrid fans face if we prevented them from winning the league in this way :lol:? It would soothe my hurt pride and maybe more.
So yeah. I feel dirty even thinking it but I would throw the game in order to prevent our chief rivals from another piece of silverware.

XaviMessiGirl

The thought of throwing a game makes me sick....but in the given scenario? I'd have to relent and let it happen. Atletico deserve to win the league imo. And fuck rm. Can you imagine a madrid fans face if we prevented them from winning the league in this way :lol:? It would soothe my hurt pride and maybe more.
So yeah. I feel dirty even thinking it but I would throw the game in order to prevent our chief rivals from another piece of silverware.

That's how I feel too. I don't like the idea of being dishonest, but I can't stand Madrid possibly winning the treble. Though I hope it's more the way of playing reserves and just not trying very hard, rather than something obvious like an own goal or a poor back pass.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Be honest, we won't to need to throw the game :lol: Atleti will handle us.

That would mean barca being inferior to atleti and i can not accept that. We have the best player in the world. They stopped him 5 times this season. This time they won't. I can totally see messi finally raping atleti to make a statement for all countries participating in world cup. Don't say messi can not do that. He did better things than that.

Atleti will lose against Levante. We will beat atleti. RM will lose points against Valencia or Celta.(Lucho will make sure that happens)

Barca to win Liga. Believe.

Yes we should believe until it is not possible mathematically.

It seems everyone wants barca to throw away the game for making atleti league champions. I fucking won't accept it. There is a thing called honor for a BIG club like barca. I would prefer atleti to win the league compared to real. I am totally supporting atleti in final. I will support them like i support barca. But when it comes to league it is different. I will pray for Valencia and Levante and Celta to beat both madrid teams. If there is even a slightest chance of winning the league. I would like barca to take it.

Everton have a similar case in EPL. If they manage a draw against city they could (Will is a better word but i am just talking mathematically) make Liverpool champions. They are almost out of top 4 race. So it is a worse case than us. What do you think they will do? Lose the match intentionally. I don't think Martinez will do that. His fans might disagree. But he will try to beat city no matter what. Everyone has pride. Barca will have more pride than everton.

I can not bear the idea of Madrid treble. But losing a match intentionally is worse. If our club is like Chelsea or Real Madrid we could have done that. But this is barca we are talking about. How can someone ask their favorite club to lose i just can't understand. If atleti wants to win the league they have to show character like they did against us and chelsea. They will not get any walkovers from barca.

Don't you guys worry Real madrid are not winning the league. I repeat they will not. This season is already worse for barca, no body wants Real Madrid treble including me. But i would not throw away a game to make sure it does not happen. Winning the match would give hope over what could be a long summer. Beating the best in form teams is always a good thing.

Best case scenario: Both Madrid teams slip us. Barca winning all three matches and winning the league.

Second best case scenario: Atleti winning the league before coming to barca and Real slipping up helping barca to second place

Anything else is bad. Worst is Real winning the title and we getting third place. I will pray that will not happen.

ManusXavi

It really depends on what each person feels. Personally I don't categorise myself as much of an anti-madridista. I'm supporter of the Spanish national team. In this situation I have decided I don't want to create a conflict. I believe that just because we are not playing our best players does not mean that we are throwing in the towel. We are giving a lesser line up a great match experience to benefit our own players. Madrid can yell at us all they want. It's not our fault Real Madrid didn't get enough points to win the league themselves.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Forget everything i have said (As if it matters). We should totally throw away the game. I just can not bear the idea of Real getting a treble.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Let all the first team regulars go on vacation early. That way we can field our Barca B against Atleti.

khorne

Undermining our integrity aside, throwing the game would also signifcantly spoil the triumph for atletico. from my own experience i can say that the worst outcome of any competition is winning after your opponent let's you win. Especially considering that real fans would never live it down.

NeyMesSis

shit last games are at the same time.. that said its clear that we are trying to win vs atletico :( because we still could win if rm looses (what won't happend against asspanyol)..

It look as we are handing rm the liga. i dont think we will lose to atm.

Last edited:

Samuel Eto'o

shit last games are at the same time.. that said its clear that we are trying to win vs atletico :( because we still could win if rm looses (what won't happend against asspanyol)..

It look as we are handing rm the liga

What was the score? :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans