John Stones

H

Haruko The Goon

John Stones (born 28 May 1994)
An English footballer who plays for Premier League club Everton.

This kid might just be the new Rio Ferdinand. Looks a massive talent. Fantastic composure and ability in possession, excellent pace too.

Combine Composure, Abilitiy on the ball and pace with Height. I think he's the closest there is to a Rio Ferdinand.

Would Barca ever go English?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I like him actually...Very composed on the ball, confident and smart...Talk of him having a holding mid profile owing to his ball skills which fits Barcelona's vision of central defenders

Adversus

Chelsea really want this kid. We're apparently willing to pay £30m+ for him.

I thought before anyone bid the fee would have to be 35m before we were interested. Now it's reportedly 34m (bit like Sterling's 49m that) and I still don't want us to sell him. I hope Kenwright is as cool as Stones always is - check out his two penalties to get a taste of what I mean.

Last edited:

xavisionary

I thought the Sterling debacle was the beginning of the end for modern football. But if Chelsea pay £30 million for an untried, untested, 21 year old CB I really will lose all hope.

Adversus

I thought the Sterling debacle was the beginning of the end for modern football. But if Chelsea pay £30 million for an untried, untested, 21 year old CB I really will lose all hope.

He's not untried. He's been a regular for us for two years and more than worth it. The problem the top teams have isn't just one of money but also availability. In 12 months time everyone will be after Stones.

Co0ter

PSG paid 30mil euros for Marquinhos, also an "inexperienced, untested" player who was like 19 when they signed him. Looks like it's turning out pretty good for PSG considering he's been tremendous for them.

Some people have a better eye for quality than others. I'm not familiar of Stones so I can't comment. Players like Varane, Marquinhos and Zouma are class for their ages...and that makes them worth it. At minimum you are going to get a very solid defender...and possibly a future WC one.

It's like watching Thiago Silva even during
his first few shaky games at Milan, pure class.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
It's even better when you have the knowledge that Everton still owe Chelsea £16m for Lukaku :D Plus 5% of the any fee goes to Barnsley means Everton won't get much change. :lol:

@antonn yes you are completely correct a Zouma-Stones partnership would set you up for a decade. Both are immense talents.

I am huge Stones fan I think he can seriously go places as a CB. In 3-4 years time he will be world class.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I don't see him leaving roberto Martinez Everton tbh

They are going to pass teams to death next season, finish 12th

Home of Barca Fans