John Stones

Adversus

Stones is good but not worth £40 million. £30 million should be more than enough.
The problem is it really isn't. We will be able to get 30m in another season's time and since he's got another 4 years on his contract there's no financial reason to sell him at the same price we will be able to get for him in 2 years.

Mourinho has to pay a premium given the length of his contract and he knows it which is why he's trying to unsettle the player.

You might think that 30m is a lot to pay for a 21 year old defender who is "potential" and therefore a risk but the Everton board, manager and fans don't see it like that. To them there's no chance Stones won't go on to be one of the very best.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
A 30 million year fee amortized over a 6 year contract is 5 million per year and with low wages, he becomes a cheap option for good quality.

When we got bale for 100 over 6 years, he cost us 16.6 million a year + his wages which are like 15 million. Bale costs us 30 million euros a year, minimum. Not sure how much revenue he brings in either. If John Stones becomes something of a WC defender, he is good value.

Last edited:

Butaan4barca

seems like chelsea is really really interested in him. Last young defender that mourinho showed that much interest in was varane.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
A 30 million year fee amortized over a 6 year contract is 5 million per year and with low wages, he becomes a cheap option for good quality.

When we got bale for 100 over 6 years, he cost us 16.6 million a year + his wages which are like 15 million. Bale costs us 30 million euros a year, minimum. Not sure how much revenue he brings in either. If John Stones becomes something of a WC defender, he is good value.

Stones would not be on low wages though. He'd be on 100k at least. Unless you think 100k is low!

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Not when there is more than one club that can pay interested. 60k is cheap and he'd be a fool to accept that. He's on 40k atm so 60k is not going to cut it.

English players will always be overpriced be it transfer value or salary. Stones being arguable the best young defender in england can command over double his current salary, quite easily.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah this is meant to be our final bid for him too, if this doesn't go through we proably won't sign him any more.

Truthist

From what I have seen he is severely overrated. Everton would have comitted daylight robbery if they receive that much for him.

S7_MUFC

From what I have seen he is severely overrated. Everton would have comitted daylight robbery if they receive that much for him.

He's nothing like Phil Jones...Jones was hyped simply based on his physique whereas stones is technically sound and is more refined defensively..still not worth £37 million but he's very good..

Home of Barca Fans