John Stones

Nucky

I just knew it he is overrated. Now just imagine we got Umtiti for half of the price City payed for Stones and Umtiti is miles better :lol:

Messi983

We got Umtiti and Marlon for half of Stones price. Umtiti is already a much better player and I think Marlon can develop into better defender than Stones as well over the next few seasons when he gets more top level experience.

Not sure who the bigger fraud is.

John Stones or the $72m man Brock Osweiler.

Haha :D

At least defender in football is not as important position as QB in the NFL. And Stones can probably still develop while I think Osweiler is a lost case.

BTW, don't tell me you are Houston Texans fan? :D

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Haha :D

At least defender in football is not as important position as QB in the NFL. And Stones can probably still develop while I think Osweiler is a lost case.

BTW, don't tell me you are Houston Texans fan? :D

Hehe, nope :p Green Bay.

Had I been a Texans fan though, then I would have almost rioted against the top office for flushing down so much down the toilet :lol:. They are definitely a SB team with a good QB IMO.

Guy cannot even make 5 yard throws anymore either. Some accuracy he has.

Nucky

well I thought he was overrated, but I didn't expect him to be terrible

Chelsea must be thanking God right now for not signing Stones. In summer of 2015 they were after him but didn't get him because they though Everton wanted too much. He is typical overrated english player. Good in midtable club and shit in top club. I wouldn't be suprised if he is sold in the next 2 years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Chelsea must be thanking God right now for not signing Stones. In summer of 2015 they were after him but didn't get him because they though Everton wanted too much. He is typical overrated english player. Good in midtable club and shit in top club. I wouldn't be suprised if he is sold in the next 2 years.

He wasn't even good at Everton last season. He outright sucked, and all of it was blamed on Roberto Martinez.

xXKonan

City bought into the hype around him and probably watched a few videos of his ball playing skills and thought "Man this guy could be our own Pique!" without the defensive talent.

When I look at Marlon,Umtiti and you compare them to Stones it's interesting. Marlon is only a year younger than Stones, and despite the lack of top level European experience you can see he has the foundations to be a really good solid defender.

Umtiti is only a year older than Stones but the difference between them is quite stark to say at least and by watching both you can easily tell who's the better player and it's not even a contest at this point in time and possibly even ever.

With Stones well to be he seems to be lacking the proper defensive foundation he should have at this age at least. Is it down to him? Martinez? is it Pep? or all three perhaps? at this point in time Stones looks lost at what to do.

Time will tell with Stones obviously since he's only 22 years old but it's worrying for him that theirs a lot of players around his age group who are so far ahead in terms of development than he is.

Yannik

I think he still might be a good player at some point. Maybe will perform better next season, that happened before with bad signings.

serghei

I think he is absolute quality. I really like him. I like David Luiz as well. Both would be excellent defenders for Barcelona's type of defence.

Last edited:

Neymessi

I think he is absolute quality. I really like him. I like David Luiz as well. Both would be excellent defenders for Barcelona's type of defence.

John stones I don't know but how david luiz? He has very little defensive intelligence for him to be a barcelona defender.

JamDav1982

Stones is the best City CB by far not that it says too much. He has been a lot, lot better recently and probably their best player against Monaco and Liverpool.

Home of Barca Fans