John Stones

Jenks

Terry is 34 now and he'll surpass Cahill on talent alone I believe. Would be a good move for him I think. He'd learn a lot.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
We're going to make a second, £26m bid. Might as well try lower before going to the £30m mark, just in case they do accept. I don't see them accepting that but what the heck? Haha.

raki

Antonn: how many players on loan does Chelsea have? 30? Just curious.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
No idea atm, we haven't loaned everyone out yet. Only a few so far. :p I think last season we had 28 or something.

Ashtonian

Hi there.

Evertonian here. Honestly can't wait for Stones to leave. Over rated to say the least and we can use the money.

xavisionary

32m though? That's nearly as much as City paid for a 23 year old Kun Aguero four years ago. I feel like I've blinked and missed transfer valuations just completely explode.

Yannik

32m though? That's nearly as much as City paid for a 23 year old Kun Aguero four years ago. I feel like I've blinked and missed transfer valuations just completely explode.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/12618-Premier-League-is-getting-a-big-financial-advantage-due-to-rich-TV-deal

people predicted an absolute inbalance in football now and prices exploding is basically the first step.
Too bad that the money for the higher prices is ONLY availabe in PL or at top clubs.
People are underestimating this TV Deal, but i can tell you its the doom of a competetive europe and it is getting reality right now.

YerMa

Cmon now if chelski can get 50.million for luiz everton should hold out for near that aswell

Yeah this is the general feeling amongst Evertonians, Luiz can be a complete liability and he went for almost twice what Chelsea have bid for Stones so far. Stones is a very talented boy and in a couple of years will have the world at his feet, his attitude is spot on and it'd take something huge to make us sell.

As it stands I don't think anything less than £40m will make Martinez and Kenwright even give it a second thought.

Adversus

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/12618-Premier-League-is-getting-a-big-financial-advantage-due-to-rich-TV-deal

people predicted an absolute inbalance in football now and prices exploding is basically the first step.
Too bad that the money for the higher prices is ONLY availabe in PL or at top clubs.
People are underestimating this TV Deal, but i can tell you its the doom of a competetive europe and it is getting reality right now.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The money will probably end up in the pockets of European teams since they generally hike the price up when selling to English clubs.

It doesn't even make the premiership that much more competitive because while the money is good the players still prefer Champions League football or the lifestyle/weather outside the UK. e.g. Shaqiri has rejected Liverpool, Stoke and I think even us and now looks likely to go to Schalke.

Jenks

But hes got a british passport which alone will probably add 20 million to his price due to teams needing home grown players for the cl

Just to clarify, "homegrown" has nothing to do with where you're from, it's about time spend in Premier League academy. Pogba and Fabregas both count as homegrown for example.

Home of Barca Fans