• Tiki-taka, with a plan B

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Attacking football, score more than opponent

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Whatever it takes to win

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

LaPulga

As Barca possibly might get a new coach, and some re-modelling of the squad is needed, I'm wondering how you guys feel Barça's philosophy is/should be.

We as supporters expect a certain philosophy in which our team tries to play football. Which do you expect ?

Should we hang on to tiki-taka no matter what, seeing that other teams somewhat have a recipe against teams like Barça & maybe Bayern. Is adjustment needed, and to what level ?

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I said it many times b4 ,the club philosophy is to play an entertaining attacking football .Tiki-take was the modern version of that model but it had its time
let the new coach make the necessary adjustments he wants .in the past 2 years we have been getting coaches and players who doesn't really fit the tiki-taka and asking them to play it
so 3rd choice for me

desoe

I want a flashback of the Barca of 2008/09. Besides the pure technical perfection of the 2010/11 team, this was the most awesome Barca I ever witnessed in my life. A true hurricane, taking out other teams by storm.

Alarcón

What does that mean anyway, to hang onto tiki-taka? We don't play tiki-taka anymore, we haven't for some years now. It's clear as day we have to improve our movement off the ball tenfold, our positioning and workrate also has to improve and we need to be able to adjust the tempo of our attacks as we like it, that means quick transitions if necessary, and we desperately need players who can play within our system, that means players who have great positional awareness, awareness of their surroundings, decision making and who think fast. Unfortunately we have bought a lot of players in the last few years who do not fill that criteria like Fàbregas, Alexis and Song, but our only chance at maintaining that high level of football is if all our players have those abilities, and anyone who doesn't looks considerably worse than he actually is.

If I'd started following Barca 2 years ago I would say our playing style has to evolve, but tbf our playing style just has to go back to its roots. Bayern are playing a very fast version of our current style of play which reminds me a lot of how we played a few years ago but with substantially less suitable and intelligent players and they're still very successful. If we find world class players who suit or playing style and a coach who is willing to put his idead through and doesn't hesitate to bench players with a lacklustre workrate or willingness to abide by his rules, then we can dominate Europe again.

Richard.H

I want a flashback of the Barca of 2008/09. Besides the pure technical perfection of the 2010/11 team, this was the most awesome Barca I ever witnessed in my life. A true hurricane, taking out other teams by storm.

Yeah I definitely agree. A lot of people in this forum mention 10/11, but honestly 08/09 was the epitomy of football perfection. Our team had a great balance of physicality and technique too. Just look at the squad list. We had very physical players in Abidal, Yaya Toure, Henry, Eto'o. 10/11 was more of a perfection in tiki taka. 08/09, however, was a perfection in nearly all aspects. It was truly a team that was loaded with all weapons.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just score more than opponent. Lucho, Rudi Garcia both sound as good choices. But only if they are given freedom to do their job and sign few players of their liking.
When you think of it, Tata would surely done better if he hadn't had his hands tied to tiki-taka.

Jägermeister

Should not all the tactics include point nb3? Of course score more than the opponent -> 3 titles :hooray:
I'd like to Stick to having the ball, but not just to have it, but to creat chances. More direct for a lack of better words.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Should not all the tactics include point nb3? Of course score more than the opponent -> 3 titles :hooray:
I'd like to Stick to having the ball, but not just to have it, but to creat chances. More direct for a lack of better words.

Just like I said we all want the style we had in the first half of the season in which we got the Jugadroazo on Chile form, Neyboy on form and were scoring goals for fun while having the best defense behind Atletico and Roma in all of Europe

DrPepper

Yeah, the football we played in 2008/09 was certainly the best in terms of allround play. Possession stats were good - over 60% - but we were also good in transitions and scored a lot of set piece goals because of our increased height, which also helps defensively. Nowadays we're overly dependent on scoring goals from open play and oppositions set pieces are always moments of anxiety.

And back then, we really came out of the blocks. Remember when we were 4-0 up against Atletico after 20 minutes? There were a lot of games like that. Nowadays we start very slow most of the times. And we won more trophies in 08/09 than in 10/11. ;)

F

Flavia

Right now Barça is playing possession only. Too slow to call tiki-taka. I'd really like to see them playing fast again, in order to open up the spaces and score more.

ceco322

That’s my list of coaches who may fit to Barca philosophy: Ernesto Valverde, Roberto Martinez, Frank de Boer, Antonio Conte, Andre Vialls Boas, Brendan Rodgers, Rudi Garcia, Arsene Wenger, Joachim Low, Laurent Blanc, Luis Enrique, Unai Emery, Marcelo Bielsa and Luiz Felipe Scolari

and Tiki-taka, with a plan B that's my opinion ;)

L

linetty

Koeman has made it clear that he would absolutely love being in charge of Barcelona after he declared he'll leave Feyenoord this season.

Kohe321

A team where the style is tiki-taka, but the goal is to attack. Right now the goal is more to have possession through the style of tiki-taka, where the attack is more a biproduct of the ball making its way to Iniesta or Messi sooner or later. As a result we're creating parked busses everywhere we go as we're "herding" the opposition into their own box by moving the ball and players slowly up the pitch keeping possession at all cost, before sending a cross in or (rarely) trying to attack through the middle. And yet we complain about buses? We're largely at fault for creating them! I mean why wouldn't opponents keep parking the bus when our style practically begs for it?

Barcelona in 2009 gave up possession in a heartbeat for a chance to attack vertically, it was the perfect balance between attack and control. Tiki-taka was used mainly as an attacking weapon, and for control and possession only when needed - usually when playing out from the back. Pep has been blinded by possession thinking THAT alone was what gave us the dominance of 09/10/11, you could see it in the Bayern match yesterday how much they look like us right now. Our tiki-taka is being used as a means to gain possession and control rather than to attack the opponents goal.

Seriously, watch this game to spark your memory if needed. See the first half, is the focus on playing tiki-taka mainly as a means for control and possession, or as a means to attack? Obviously we're attacking like crazy. We've become like a chessplayer who only thinks about position rather than going for the enemy king.

The good thing is that the football we played in 2009 is timeless - it can't be "figured out", it's almost completely perfect. The only way to beat it is simply by playing better, which almost none succeeded in doing when we were at the top.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans