Transfer ban suspended

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
At the very least Barca needs 2 new GKs and 2 new defenders, here are my choices. We all know Ter Stegen will be one of the GKs and I think the board will go out after Caballero as his back-up. I'd prefer Keylor Navas but I'm sure he'd be too happy being a back-up while Caballero would be cheaper and more willing to come. The 2 new defenders should be Laporte, he'll be expensive and our big signing to reinforce the back-line but we should also go after a veteran like Fazio, whose buyout is 10M and could push both Pique and Bartra. 2 new CBs means we can move Mascherano back to the midfield, move Song to another team.

If Barca sells Alexis, hopefully Reus.

If Barca sells Alves, I'm not sure who they want. I've heard Cuadrado rumored but he's not really a RB. He'd be awesome attacking from the back though.

One thing is for sure, the board needs to make their moves now and quickly.

Theconomist

At the very least Barca needs 2 new GKs and 2 new defenders, here are my choices. We all know Ter Stegen will be one of the GKs and I think the board will go out after Caballero as his back-up. I'd prefer Keylor Navas but I'm sure he'd be too happy being a back-up while Caballero would be cheaper and more willing to come. The 2 new defenders should be Laporte, he'll be expensive and our big signing to reinforce the back-line but we should also go after a veteran like Fazio, whose buyout is 10M and could push both Pique and Bartra. 2 new CBs means we can move Mascherano back to the midfield, move Song to another team.

If Barca sells Alexis, hopefully Reus.

If Barca sells Alves, I'm not sure who they want. I've heard Cuadrado rumored but he's not really a RB. He'd be awesome attacking from the back though.

One thing is for sure, the board needs to make their moves now and quickly.

A striker is needed too, I don't want Deulofeu, right now he's not ready for 1st team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I just hope Zubi consults Tata or whoever he plans to install as new coach before making any bids.
What I really hope is; Zubi gets replaced.

Culeinho

Here's who I'd like us to sign / sell ....Sell/release Song, Mascherano, Adriano, Tello (buy back option), Dos Santos, Cuenca, Bojan, Keirrison, Pinto, Valdes, Montoya, Affelay & Alexis.

We have Ter Stegen & Id like us to sign a decent back up keeper. Not another Pinto. Then Id like Luiz CB/DEF MID & Mangala CB/LB (also maybe Diego Reyes from Porto too as I think he could be quality). Id prefer Luke Shaw to Alba but I know that wouldnt happen. Also Id give Alves another season but IF he did leave then Id love Seamus Coleman to replace him.. Get a Irish lad into the team !!!!

Id like us to promote Rafinha & Duelofue to the first team squad. I really hope we dont shell out a fortune on Vidal as I dont think he is right for Barca. If we were to sign a midfielder then Id like David Silva but we have enough midfielders. Also I think our attack is ok BUT if we were to sign someone then Id really love Reus ...... or maybe Suarez (altho I doubt that ones possible/affordable) but I think we have a great attack.. In fact I think we have too many attackers.. Its mainly the defence we need to sort and thatll balance the team in my opinion.. (and remember its just my personal opinion !!!!:party1:)

So really its just Luiz, Mangala, Stegen and a back up keeper that are the priorities in my opinion and clear out all the dead wood !!!!

Finally Id like the new manager to be Pochettino .. Southamptons play and pressing style reminds me a lot of us under Pep and I think he might be a great coach at a club like ours.

Also I hope Messi gets a new deal asap and Id like the current board to be fired then tarred and feathered due to complete incompetence ....

veryfatchocobo

I know at least one CB that will be easy to get... Vertonghen. I haven't seen him or the Spurs play though..... I have a weird feeling that Pep will be sacked soon at some point... so we should look up to that....

M

maxmss

Here's who I'd like us to sign / sell ....Sell/release Song, Mascherano, Adriano, Tello (buy back option), Dos Santos, Cuenca, Bojan, Keirrison, Pinto, Valdes, Montoya, Affelay & Alexis.

We have Ter Stegen & Id like us to sign a decent back up keeper. Not another Pinto. Then Id like Luiz CB/DEF MID & Mangala CB/LB (also maybe Diego Reyes from Porto too as I think he could be quality). Id prefer Luke Shaw to Alba but I know that wouldnt happen. Also Id give Alves another season but IF he did leave then Id love Seamus Coleman to replace him.. Get a Irish lad into the team !!!!

Id like us to promote Rafinha & Duelofue to the first team squad. I really hope we dont shell out a fortune on Vidal as I dont think he is right for Barca. If we were to sign a midfielder then Id like David Silva but we have enough midfielders. Also I think our attack is ok BUT if we were to sign someone then Id really love Reus ...... or maybe Suarez (altho I doubt that ones possible/affordable) but I think we have a great attack.. In fact I think we have too many attackers.. Its mainly the defence we need to sort and thatll balance the team in my opinion.. (and remember its just my personal opinion !!!!:party1:)

So really its just Luiz, Mangala, Stegen and a back up keeper that are the priorities in my opinion and clear out all the dead wood !!!!

Finally Id like the new manager to be Pochettino .. Southamptons play and pressing style reminds me a lot of us under Pep and I think he might be a great coach at a club like ours.

Also I hope Messi gets a new deal asap and Id like the current board to be fired then tarred and feathered due to complete incompetence ....

You want ketchup with that?

PhilS

No, the postponement of this ban does not mean the team will bring in 10 new players. Look back to 2009-10, please. At the beginning of that year, the team brought in Ibrahimović, Maxwell, Keirrison and Chygrynskiy.
I thought Maxwell was OK, a useful squad player for a few years. Ibrahimovic might have been the most disruptive Barca player ever, a real lesson in what type of character is needed to be a part of this team. The other two were even less useful. The team clearly learned not to just buy too many players chosen without sufficient likelihood of being good fits. The purchases since 2009-10 have not all been perfect, but they have been much, much better. No, restrained buying is not popular these days, no one ever accused Man C, Chelsea, PSG or Monaco of not overbuying. Is it true that Chelsea has 25 players currently out on loan?

Barca has to add a #1 keeper and a CB who can at least join the rotation. I'm sure the team will keep alert for selected other buys which are much less important, but just bringing in way too many players all at once is not going to happen, which is wise.

Co0ter

No, the postponement of this ban does not mean the team will bring in 10 new players. Look back to 2009-10, please. At the beginning of that year, the team brought in Ibrahimović, Maxwell, Keirrison and Chygrynskiy.
I thought Maxwell was OK, a useful squad player for a few years. Ibrahimovic might have been the most disruptive Barca player ever, a real lesson in what type of character is needed to be a part of this team. The other two were even less useful. The team clearly learned not to just buy too many players chosen without sufficient likelihood of being good fits. The purchases since 2009-10 have not all been perfect, but they have been much, much better. No, restrained buying is not popular these days, no one ever accused Man C, Chelsea, PSG or Monaco of not overbuying. Is it true that Chelsea has 25 players currently out on loan?

Barca has to add a #1 keeper and a CB who can at least join the rotation. I'm sure the team will keep alert for selected other buys which are much less important, but just bringing in way too many players all at once is not going to happen, which is wise.

A keeper is a clear given- so I'm not counting that. A WC CB, or incredibly impressive young CB is required. Another rotation CB is not needed- we got plenty of those. We need someone to lead this defense or at least be a clear starter.

Second, I want a defensive RB. Keep Adriano because he can play anywhere. Sell Alves- he's past his best and replace him with a defensive full back- make Alba our main offensive FB.

As far as other glamour signings....would love Reus, brilliant player. Even more so- give me Saurez....one of the few players I'd move Messi to the RW for. Teams know how to defend Messi now, which is easy to do since our wingers (at least until Neymar gets more comfortable) have been toothless and our midfield posses no goal-threat what-so-ever.

AzaR

I know at least one CB that will be easy to get... Vertonghen. I haven't seen him or the Spurs play though..... I have a weird feeling that Pep will be sacked soon at some point... so we should look up to that....

Why would he be sacked :wacko: League champions and in the final of the german cup.

Surely you dont think this because they lost 1-0 at the Bernabeu? :p

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Why would he be sacked :wacko: League champions and in the final of the german cup.

Surely you dont think this because they lost 1-0 at the Bernabeu? :p

Not really an accomplishment winning the Bundesliga with Bayern the cup still has to be won

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
We are going to have to pay over the odds for pretty much everyone as the other clubs know that we have to buy now in case the ban is upheld.

Empty

We also barely bought anyone in two years so we should have some money in a chest.

Oh wait overpay for Neymar and stupid things, board is causing club to implode and has got to change.

Home of Barca Fans