Transfer ban suspended

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think having transfer ban next summer will be a blessing in disguise. Presently we desperately need one because of our lack of good defensive options in youth system and even goal keeping position. I think we should go all in this summer like 120M and next summer we can concentrate on youth talent like deulofeu, adama samper, halilovic, munir, rafinha, denis, dongou ....... Everyone may not become barca level but at least they should be given chance. We have good CAM and wingers in our youth system who can become stars in near future.

Get our defense right, buy one striker, and buy some midfield cover for xavi who is strong and can run unlike cesc. We don't need to rebuild our team. We need a coach who can make neymar and messi work together. If that works we will be among best. If that still does not i think we should sell one of them.

F

Flavia

This thing is temporary right??Should not celebrate yet..

Transfer will be possible to make this summer, which means zubi has to sign as many players as he can... all positions need reinforcements, because the ban can happen for the next 2 windows (jan/jun 2015).

But, you know. It's zubi and barto running things.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zubi, get it done before the window opens and register them as soon as it opens on 1st of July.

F

Flavia

Zubi, get it done before the window opens and register them as soon as it opens on 1st of July.

That's the smart thing to do... will zubi do it? :p

Most team will try to rob us too. As everyone know we're desperate to buy. It'll be a long summer. Thankfully there's the wc, to take our minds out of it a bit.

I

instinct

I think the player we want to buy will GOAT the WC and we'd have to splash so much money for them. Zubi should try to get a few deals done before the WC. Neymar e.g would have been much more expensive after the Confed Cup, I expect the same this summer.

DonAK

That's the smart thing to do... will zubi do it? :p

Most team will try to rob us too. As everyone know we're desperate to buy. It'll be a long summer. Thankfully there's the wc, to take our minds out of it a bit.

Lets hope for a miracle :p

I think the player we want to buy will GOAT the WC and we'd have to splash so much money for them. Zubi should try to get a few deals done before the WC. Neymar e.g would have been much more expensive after the Confed Cup, I expect the same this summer.

Imagine how much money we'd had to pay his dad if we got him after the Confed :pep:

DonAK

Maybe this is a sneaky way by FIFA to punish us even more. Maybe they thought, "They have Zubi.... Lets suspend it, no damage will be done". And then they give us a ban for next summer window. :tito:

F

Flavia

Official statement about the suspension:

FC Barcelona's appraisal of the suspensory effect granted by the FIFA Appeal Committee

www.fcbarcelona.cat
04/23/2014 13:25

The ban on the Club making transfers during the next two transfer windows has been lifted

FC Barcelona has responded positively to the decision announced today by FIFA’s Appeal Committee to provisionally grant suspensive effect to the appeal made by the Club against the sanction imposed by FIFA’s Disciplinary Committee.
The sanction was announced by the FIFA Disciplinary Commission last April 2 and prevented the Club from signing players during the next two transfer windows. FC Barcelona presented an appeal against the measure within the required period.
FC Barcelona declares its utmost respect for the resolutions pronounced by the bodies responsible for sporting justice.

DennyCrane

Transfer will be possible to make this summer, which means zubi has to sign as many players as he can... all positions need reinforcements, because the ban can happen for the next 2 windows (jan/jun 2015).

But, you know. It's zubi and barto running things.

Not necessarily. The first step was good, now the sanction itself must be reduced as it is still disproportional - that in return will put us into a better position to negotiate.

Last edited:

Kohe321

Very good news! Zubi needs to work hard and make it right this summer. We really need to spend our money WELL, because the scary part of this is the scenario where Zubi doesn't manage to sign players of high enough quality in the positions that needs reinforcing (we don't want another Song for instance), or simply not enough players to fill the gaps, and then the transferban sets in for january and the summer of 2015, and we're in similarly bad position until the 2016 january window... Hopefully the punishment of a transferban over two windows will be reduced or removed in the end somehow.

Fingers crossed that we don't sign any flops! We need proven world class players in their respective positions, no more "jack of all trades master of none" hybrid players, like a CB who isn't really a CB but who can fill the DM position as well, like a David Luiz for instance - he's just too big of a gamble for us right now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans