Bartomeu: "There will be no elections or resignations"

M

maxmss

How was Laporta lucky when appointing Pep? I love how people brings this up as some sort of argument but I really don't understand the logic. Was he lucky because he hired an unproven manager? How is that lucky? It's not like there was a manager draft and he had to go with a random manager they pulled out of a hat. It was his decision.

Everythime you hire manager, there's a risk that it might not work. You may bring back Guardiola, buy the players he wants and not be successful as he was during his first gig. We are talking about sport, which is not an exact science and hiring manager is always a gamble

And "the new board" doesn't exist. There is no "new board". It is the same board. Rosell was arrogant and corrupt? Well guess what. The entire current board knew what was going on and did nothing about it. The La Masia fiasco, the Neymar transfer, etc...

Where was the board when Laporta was breaking the law. and what do you call La Masia fiasco..the stupid FIFA rule that would have prevented Messi from joining the club? What was illegal in Neymar transfer? Just because Laporta did not get caught doesn't mean he was saint. Bartomeu is not Rosell, there's no evidence that he's going to act like Rosell. Enough of this media spin-off.. and guess what ...there was no riot at Camp Nou today. I haven't seen anything negative from Bartomeu so far and whatever he said so far - makes sense.

Last edited:

serghei

Everythime you hire manager, there's a risk that it might not work. You may bring back Guardiola, buy the players he wants and not be successful as he was during his first gig. We are talking about sport, which is not an exact science and hiring manager is always a gamble.

For amateurs disguised in professionals any transfer is a gamble, because they lack the knowledge and the flair to make their decisions anything less than arbitrary. Guardiola has the right temper and the right attitude to be the manager of a great team. He wasn't a gamble, he was a great coach waiting for someone to realise that. Laporta did, so don't try to discredit that. Even if hiring an unaccomplished manager is a gamble, as you say, there are good gambles and bad gambles. If you don't have the guts or the skill, don't do gambles.

Bartomeu is lucky if he hits the floor when he falls. Never mind finding us another Pep.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Laporta's risk was trusting Txiki in the Pep decision.

The current board, or the board as it was under Rosell, does not seem to have faith in the people making sporting decisions

M

maxmss

For amateurs disguised in professionals any transfer is a gamble, because they lack the knowledge and the flair to make their decisions anything less than arbitrary. Guardiola has the right temper and the right attitude to be the manager of a great team. He wasn't a gamble, he was a great coach waiting for someone to realise that. Laporta did, so don't try to discredit that. Even if hiring an unaccomplished manager is a gamble, as you say, there are good gambles and bad gambles. If you don't have the guts or the skill, don't do gambles.

Bartomeu is lucky if he hits the floor when he falls. Never mind finding us another Pep.

Going back to hiring a manager risk. Obviously Guardiola was the wrong choice for Bayern. I don't think the Bayern board was incompetent, but they made the wrong choice. We can find excuses,but the truth is Real trashed Bayern and Guardiola is not good at Bayern. As I said before I really doubt hiring Guardiola back is going to work for Barca. Tata managed better results with Real , but unfortunately for him he can't play the political games of the big club.

BarcaPride

Luis Enrique is the sensible option in my opinion. Why? He can deal with the big egos, and ship out those who won't do the manager's bidding.

jairzinho

Luis Enrique is the sensible option in my opinion. Why? He can deal with the big egos, and ship out those who won't do the manager's bidding.

Wow easy there. Hw do we know he can deal with the big egos. ??. That's an assumption, not fact. Yes he's a club legend and has experience working with Barca B and Celta, but he's never worked with a big club like Barca and our mega superstar players before. Therefore you can't add those qualities to his resume just yet. Whether he can deal with the big egos and have the cojones to stand up to the board and players is something that we'll have to find out if he assumes control. We don't know that yet.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans