Barca under Tito vs Barca under Tata

Tito vs Tata

• Total voters
I

instinct

Everyone who voted Tata is on my list. I'm watching you, be aware.

Tito was capable of instilling choreographed tiki-taka moves through the center.

di-0GRZ.gif

di-NOHT.gif

Wonderful gifs. This is the Barca everyone fears. Sad to see that we are a shadow of our former self now. Messi still has the ability. Somebody has to wake the beast.

F

Flavia

Wonderful gifs. This is the Barca everyone fears. Sad to see that we are a shadow of our former self now. Messi still has the ability. Somebody has to wake the beast.

Problem is not only Messi, is the way we're playing now.

Paganinisrvnge

I feel that if the seasons were reversed, tata would have gotten more praise and Tito could've been a disaster. Tito had everyone a year younger, a healthy Messi, and had Thiago and Villa. Imagine him coaching this season. I don't know how he would've coped with Messi's injury.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I went for Barca under Tito. Tata's team's capitulation vs a defensive Madrid sealed it for me. Tata's main positive was the record in big games but it looks more and more likely that this was due to the other team's tactics than anything from Barca.

Pep's last season was better than both.

Birdy

LOL at people who think Tata's Barca better than Tito's..

Tito was a mater tactician. You could see that not only in the gifs posted, but if you take any single game, excluding the big ones, of last season and compare it with any single league game of this one..
- Saying that Tito was ripping the benefits of Pep's team for half of the season is pretty crap, considering that 11/12 with Pep on the helm the same team, with its master and creator coaching, didnt manage to do so..
- Saying that it was bcz of Mourinho's decline and Real's problems is also crap, for the simple fact that Tito managed to get an amazing record that even Pep could not get: 18 wins, one draw in a first league round of 20 teams.. And by playing exceptional attacking tiki-taka football, and everyone saying untill then that he is the same or even better than Guardiola.

He proved his worth untill he got ill and Roura, who was incapable, was forced to coach.. Tito's great strength wass both his ability to construct in depth the approach before the game and also intervene during the game - a lot better than Pep himself in this - to correct mistakes and tun it round..
Anyone thinking that lacking such an asset and relying on Roura who was autopiloting like an idiot, is just naive enough.. Coaching is number 1 in football..

Well, was only his illness the problem? Of course not. Beast has a point in saying he lacked in big games.. Maybe he was not as efficient in players' psychology like Pep was.
We would have lost to Bayern Munich anyhow, even if he wasnt forced to leave the team to Roura, even if the team maintained the fantastic shape of the first 6 months, but not with 7-0, maybe with a much more descent fight. Even if Pep has stayed, there was no chance we would have eliminated bayern of 12/13. Pep would have succumbed also.. The only complaint is about 11/12 when the stupid lucky star of Drogba prevented this team of adding another CL - bcz Bayern 11/12 could have been won even in Munich by Pep..

Is he comparable to Tata? Not in any way.. Tito lacked in big games and psychology-leaderships. Tata lacks in the same field plus tactics. Who still believes that Tata is a 'big-game coach'? the only big games he managed to win was versus Madrid, when Ancelloti hadnt figured out his team yet - we saw yesterday how he is capable of doing that today and winning himself the big games. The was he has degenerated this great team into a meaningless, wastefull passing game, without any work on the final third and attacking build-up, without the flair or Pep's and Tito's tiki taka is demonstrative that he might be a good coach for some other teams, but not for Barcelona especially this period.
It was a wrong choice since the very first idea of him managing the team. I hope the next who comes is both an experienced psychological master and a decent attacking-minded tactician.

Ps: winning big games is only one aspect and not the most important. Pellegrini will probably lose not bcz he didnt win the big games, but bcz he drawed with Sunderland home, and he wasted some points in such games..
Pellegrini proved this year once more, that he is and was a great coach, misused and abused so much in Madrid by a neurotic and football-wise stupid president. He won League Cup, will be runner-up in Premier by reaching 85+ points, and will win it next season.
And he also belongs to the category of great coaches that not only win, but manage to build something that wins by being superior to its opponents, by dominating them.

Ps2: There exists an option that says: Tata tried to slightly change the approach and the tiki-taka, making the team more direct, with more counters, and we saw that untill December. But then, bcz of the complaints of several players and some fans, and the board also, he was forced to comply with the known, and revert (badly i should add) back to the old tiki-taka.
I dont know if it is any true, might be though.. In that case its both the board's and his fault (he should have resigned immediately).
Anyhow the less possession and more counter style he tried to instill at the beggining, i did not like at all.. It wasnt Barca-like. We won Madrid 2-1 back in november and it didnt feel like barca-like in any case.. If we want to change our philosophy and focus on defence and counters lets hire Simeone or Klopp then.. Not middle, in-between solutions.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

He proved his worth untill he got ill and Roura, who was incapable, was forced to coach.. Tito's great strength wass both his ability to construct in depth the approach before the game and also intervene during the game - a lot better than Pep himself in this - to correct mistakes and tun it round..

:lol:

Tito was even worse than Tata about making substitutions to change matches. He was present for the Bayern matches and in the first leg he made his first and only substitution of bringing on David Villa in the 83rd minute after we were already down 4-0 and the tie was lost. He regularly waited until the last 10 minutes of matches to make substitutions and on several occasionas it was Messi's genius that bailed us out to win us valuable points.

xavi_the_Boss

:lol:

Tito was even worse than Tata about making substitutions to change matches. He was present for the Bayern matches and in the first leg he made his first and only substitution of bringing on David Villa in the 83rd minute after we were already down 4-0 and the tie was lost. He regularly waited until the last 10 minutes of matches to make substitutions and on several occasionas it was Messi's genius that bailed us out to win us valuable points.

But there were also matches like Osasuna or Sevilla which he turned around with his subs.

Birdy

Versus Bayern the team was hopeless.. It was obvious that no intervention could save the day.. Unless by interventions you mean parking the bus or doing something which was extremely at odds with his philosophy or what was he doing until then the whole season..

Home of Barca Fans