Barca under Tito vs Barca under Tata

Tito vs Tata

• Total voters
I

instinct

Hello guys,

Today, I watched some videos of the 12/13 Barca and the question came to my mind wether Barca under Tito or Barca under Tata was the better side.

I think that Tito was the better coach though his cancer treatment and games like vs Bayern and his rotation policy overshadowed his good manager qualities.

I want to hear your opionion. Which side do you like more? Feel free to post your opionion below. ;)

jamrock

tito

with tito we would have won the league, he has the experience to do a 100 point league which carlo has never had to do, nor simeone

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I felt Tito didn't have much of his own to offer, the team was simply coming off of the momentum of Guardiola's legacy.

Paganinisrvnge

Neither. I think Tata would've done better if he had made or been allowed to make at least one more signing besides neymar. Tito was even worse than tata when it came to making substitutions and tactical adjustments. He just was lucky that Messi was unstoppable and bailed the team out constantly.

Messi won us the league under Tito. Otherwise, and with Xavi's injuries and all we were relatively playing poorer as compared to this season.

Ursegor

World Champion
Tito was lightyears ahead tactically. There must have been at least 10 games where he made drastic in-game changes which turned the games around and won us the league in December.

Osasuna 1-0 up. Starting midfield is Busquets-Cesc-Iniesta. In the 64th and 70th minute Tito takes off Cesc and Iniesta to put in Pedro and Xavi to go 4-2-4. In the 76th minute we score the equalizer. In the 80th minute we score the winner. A more blatant tactical in-game change which turns the whole game around isn't even possible.

Similarly the famous Sevilla comeback. Sevilla are 2-1 up. Tito brings on Thiago for Busquets and Villa for Dani Alves in the 75th and 79th minute to go 3-4-3. 10 minutes later we score 2 goals to turn the game around. Villa scoring the winner, Thiago involved in the buildup of 1 goal as well.

Granada he subs on Xavi who immediately scores that screamer which wins us the game.

I could go on. Tata on the other hand visibly struggles to read games. When things aren't going according to plan he subs off midfielders and throws on all forwards, gets the ball out wide and then crosses the ball into the box. How many games did we turn around after Tata made changes this season? I don't even remember 1 single game.

As Heynckes recently said. Barca played some of its best football in the first half of the season under Tito. Where he came short was rotation and giving rest to players although we will never know how much of that is down to Tito himself or the fact that he wasn't even in Europe for large parts of the second half of the season so Roura and Co. played it save in Tito's absence.

People will deny all of this of course and claim that Messi coached the team because of Bayern. Derp.

Last edited:
Not satisfied with either, but if I had to pick one, I'd say we've been better under Tata. At least we haven't been as bad in big games this time around (other than the Atletico game, which we could have lost 4-0).

Last edited:
L

linetty

Tata is a moron, tactically-wise but still he managed to beat Real and Man City twice. Atletico's defence seemed to be problem but still, not only for us, but also for RM and their attacks are better and more dangerous if you ask me.

He has proved multiple times that he's not a good tactician, losing to much smaller teams, despite having like 80% possession he clearly didn't have a clue how to rip a tight defence.

He also seems to have no leadership skills to manage a team like Barcelona. It's the first time I don't see Messi having fun on the pitch...He is too friendly and does not have the balls to kick a player like Leo in the ass.

I doubt that stupid board supports him enough, but still, his tactics aren't working properly and it's frustrating when he waits so long to make a feckin substitute!!

At least we didn't get hammered under Tata as we did when Tito was in charge.

Last edited:

serghei

I felt Tito didn't have much of his own to offer, the team was simply coming off of the momentum of Guardiola's legacy.

I had the same feeling. Messi had a crazy season and RM was a mess that year. I think Martino is a better coach, but he isn't that great either.

Irish_Cules

I'm going to go with Tata. He has got us performing much better in the big games and he managed to get Pique, Alexis and Pedro back to their best. Obviously the performances lately have been a shambles but there is such negativity surrounding the club at the moment that you have to think that this has been a major factor. Tito did well and its very hard to judge his time because of his illness. My lasting impression of it though will be his refusal to play Thiago which led to him leaving.

Maria

I had the same feeling. Messi had a crazy season and RM was a mess that year. I think Martino is a better coach, but he isn't that great either.

And you know what's the hilarious part in all this? If we win the CDR tonight, we would have won as many titles in 2 years with Tito, Roura and Tata as Mou did in 3 years with Real Madrid.

Home of Barca Fans