Barca under Tito vs Barca under Tata

Tito vs Tata

• Total voters

Ursegor

World Champion
lol Keep believing Messi's "GOAT form" was just coincidence and not a result of Tito utilizing the player, which he knows since the youth ranks, properly.

Alik

I'm sorry, Tito's Barca was better overall. Had better attack and better chemistry. Slightly worse defence.

He can be blamed for lack of rotation and bad man management. But otherwise, he had the excuse that the second half of the season was run by Roura.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Maria

You know whats funny Tito had a greatly deeper squad with Messi in GOAT mode and the Sevilla comeback had two players subbed on one of which left due to Tito's ineptness plus he played Xavi to the ground and burned out Messi completely leaving him in a state of recovery for most of the current season. You show me one player on the bench that has the ability or skill that Thiago or Villa had

1. I don't think that Xavi has played less this season than the last one(but I will search the stats on transfermarkt to confirm that). Also since February we played 19 games of which Messi was subbed off only against Rayo and in the rest he played every single minute of every single game, just like he used to do with Tito or Pep.
2. If we take into account that the lineup against Sevilla was VV-Dani, Mascherano, Song, Jordi Alba-Cesc, Busquets, Xavi-Alexis, Messi, Pedro, then we would assume that Iniesta and Neymar would be on the bench. So who would you prefer right now between Neymar-Iniesta and Thiago-Villa?

lol Keep believing Messi's "GOAT form" was just coincidence and not a result of Tito utilizing the player, which he knows since the youth ranks, properly.

That has been bugging me also..when Tata became Barca's coach, I remember reading stuff like "finally Messi will have a coach, not a worshiper" or that Tata will know how to use him better than Rijkaard, Pep or Tito simply because he's from Argentina. And now the same people are saying that things wouldn't be any different with Pep or Tito. :(

Last edited:
F

Flavia

People seem blind to that. Tata is not being able to get the best of anyone, bar alexis. Tito's ilness also tainted his season. It could've been better.

Beast

The Observer
Everyone who voted Tata is on my list. I'm watching you, be aware.

Tito was capable of instilling choreographed tiki-taka moves through the center.

di-0GRZ.gif

di-NOHT.gif

Blatantly straight out of the training ground.

With Martino balls get lumped to the wings followed by Neymar trying to dribble individually or Alves crossing balls towards the moon.

Second Argentinian coach who makes Messi look shit, fss.

When a legendary manager leaves.. his trace remains for a minimum of half a season.. so while the above is a clear famous tiki-taka example... it has a lot to do with Pep than Tito

You easily forget that you won because Jose was in his self destructing mood , which is why the league was secured so early.. however Tito came short in all the big games without exception (and Milan isn't one and you still nicked it in the dying moments )
He was so tactically inept , Mourinho fielded the subs against you & won 2-1 after securing 3-1 in Camp nou 4 days earlier...supercup , Bayern Munich .. etc
the list goes on

When Pep magic and trace was gone after the 1st half of the season all the issues appeared... and please don't tell me Tito and sickness .. he was still in charge in the first few clasico and he didn't do much better than Roura

Tito is a better manager tactically however the players are above him and that's the biggest problem.. in big teams with great players the manager MUST be a legend himself or someone with a big history so he can sell his ideas and beliefs without players doubting him... we had that example back in the galactico days...Del Bosque was both a RM legend and a proven coach with a CL before the stars came.. they all did what he wanted them to do because he is a proven winner.. when Del Bosque left it took 4 years till Capello came to have a manager stronger than the team.. i remember Capello main condition was that no player earns a Euro more than him , the trend continued with Schuster but like Tito he was riding Capello's work... than back to mediocre managers until Jose... that's one of Pellegrini short comings.. crap in big games (he still continue to do so with City ) up until Jose ... thankfully this time Perez went from Jose to Carlo & Zidane which both are a much bigger duet yet it took Carlo more than 6 month to start having his thing and cleanse Jose ideas and approach

Tata is having problems.. all sort of problems from the board to the legends who think this is dumbass Argentinian coach who's only merit & relation to Barcelona is being Jorge Messi idol as a player... not much of a big CV and unaware of the tiki-taka that ruled the world of football for some years.. you were always going to struggle
players are not some angles , they are stronger in terms of character than you think...

Now you look back and see where you did well .. you either had a legendary player turned coach or some great coach with a great CV... from Cruyff to CL winner Van Gaal to Bobby Robson to Rijkaard to Pep.. anything else was not so much of a success

Tata is not dumb... i like his chess moves in the two clasico's however Simeone is a better manager and better tactically with players believing all he will tell them and he outmanoeuvred Tata all season while Carlo lack of fast reaction cost him two clasico's... you can see the first clasico as reference to Tata managerial ability .. but i doubt he is in control of anything right now.. board is into deep in their own power grabbing shit and players are convinced they know better its a losing street

If Tito was in charge I don't think you would be in much better shape...

F

Flavia

He was so tactically inept , Mourinho fielded the subs against you & won 2-1 after securing 3-1 in Camp nou 4 days earlier...supercup , Bayern Munich .. etc
the list goes on
Tito already had his relapse in the period of this games. He wasn't better than Pep, but I think fighting cancer might prevent you to do things properly.

Beast

The Observer
He wasn't there for the subs but Roura wasn't just a different coach .. he was his assistant and followed his footsteps in games.. even the game Tito coached wasn't any better (early 3 clasico's and Bayern etc )

F

Flavia

The team wasn't even training properly, under roura. And when tito came back be was still struggling. Who knows how things would be like if he never got relapsed.
He had many flaws, and letting Thiago go was a big mistake, but the team still played better.

Ursegor

World Champion
Coaching doesn't just mean "in-game coaching". The team didn't train tactics for couple of weeks on the training ground according to Fabregas. Just because Tito was back on the bench again doesn't mean the team immediately played to their full potential again.

Cule4life

The Culest
Tito played the same xi every match. My grandmother could do that. All this 100 points BS- he played the big names till the last pointless match so he could leave 100 points as a legacy to gloss over the fact that we struggled against every decent opponent. And I see it has succeeded since people keep bringing up 100 points to defend him which came at cost of Thiago leaving, Bartra almost leaving and Xavi playing on painkillers. Also the fact that the league was won in December so there was no pressure on the team.

I

instinct

Where's the "Barca under Pep" option?

I only wanted to compare Tito and Tata since the team had problems with both coaches and both of them were in charge for 1 year. Of course, everyone would vote ''Barca under Pep''.

Pepe Silvia

When a legendary manager leaves.. his trace remains for a minimum of half a season.. so while the above is a clear famous tiki-taka example... it has a lot to do with Pep than Tito

You easily forget that you won because Jose was in his self destructing mood , which is why the league was secured so early.. however Tito came short in all the big games without exception (and Milan isn't one and you still nicked it in the dying moments )
the list goes on

When Pep magic and trace was gone after the 1st half of the season all the issues appeared... and please don't tell me Tito and sickness .. he was still in charge in the first few clasico and he didn't do much better than Roura

Tito is a better manager tactically however the players are above him and that's the biggest problem.. in big teams with great players the manager MUST be a legend himself or someone with a big history so he can sell his ideas and beliefs without players doubting him... we had that example back in the galactico days...Del Bosque was both a RM legend and a proven coach with a CL before the stars came.. they all did what he wanted them to do because he is a proven winner.. when Del Bosque left it took 4 years till Capello came to have a manager stronger than the team.. i remember Capello main condition was that no player earns a Euro more than him , the trend continued with Schuster but like Tito he was riding Capello's work... than back to mediocre managers until Jose... that's one of Pellegrini short comings.. crap in big games (he still continue to do so with City ) up until Jose ... thankfully this time Perez went from Jose to Carlo & Zidane which both are a much bigger duet yet it took Carlo more than 6 month to start having his thing and cleanse Jose ideas and approach

Tata is having problems.. all sort of problems from the board to the legends who think this is dumbass Argentinian coach who's only merit & relation to Barcelona is being Jorge Messi idol as a player... not much of a big CV and unaware of the tiki-taka that ruled the world of football for some years.. you were always going to struggle
players are not some angles , they are stronger in terms of character than you think...

Now you look back and see where you did well .. you either had a legendary player turned coach or some great coach with a great CV... from Cruyff to CL winner Van Gaal to Bobby Robson to Rijkaard to Pep.. anything else was not so much of a success

Tata is not dumb... i like his chess moves in the two clasico's however Simeone is a better manager and better tactically with players believing all he will tell them and he outmanoeuvred Tata all season while Carlo lack of fast reaction cost him two clasico's... you can see the first clasico as reference to Tata managerial ability .. but i doubt he is in control of anything right now.. board is into deep in their own power grabbing shit and players are convinced they know better its a losing street

If Tito was in charge I don't think you would be in much better shape...
:worthy:

L

linetty

Everyone who voted Tata is on my list. I'm watching you, be aware.

Tito was capable of instilling choreographed tiki-taka moves through the center.

di-0GRZ.gif

di-NOHT.gif

Blatantly straight out of the training ground.

With Martino balls get lumped to the wings followed by Neymar trying to dribble individually or Alves crossing balls towards the moon.

Second Argentinian coach who makes Messi look shit, fss.
Messi running like crazy here. Not happening now because he just stands still & doesn't try

Jägermeister

Messi running like crazy here. Not happening now because he just stands still & doesn't try

Because nowadays our playing syle keeps the ball away from him most of the time. Maybe he doesn't start these runs anymore because he thinks he won't get the ball back anyway?! I don't know.
At the end of the day we need this back next season.

Home of Barca Fans