How to become a member

Galning

1) Normal ways of becoming a member:

- One of your parents is a member.
- One of your grandparents is a member.
- Your official life partner is a member.
- One of your siblings, your partner's siblings or your partner's parents is a member.

----> You have to prove this through a photocopy of your ID or your actual ID plus the ID or a photocopy of the ID of the member. You also have to proof through a legal document that you are indeed official family of one another.

2) Other way of applying for membership

- Your "special" membership application has to be accepted by the board. From what I can tell this is an exceptional rule they created to allow people to become members without having to use the Commitment card. So it's probably for celebrities and other rich douches.

3) Commitment card

If you don't have any family ties with a member, you are not best buds with Bartomeu, you are not under the age of 15 or you haven't been a member for more than 2 years in the past, then you have to buy the Commitment card. Commitment cards can be purchased, in person, at the OAB offices in Barcelona.

According to them a Commitment card offers the same advantages as a full membership besides the following three:
- Firstly, you cannot vote or attend the General Assembly.
- Secondly, you will not be able to buy tickets earlier or apply for tickets for finals.
- And thirdly, you cannot buy a season ticket for Camp Nou or Palau Blaugrana + you won't be able to put your name on the waiting list for a season ticket either.

The card costs 136.50 euro every year (membership cards are annual so they don't cover a football season).

You have to renew your Commitment card every year, in person, between June 1 and October 30. Once you have done this for 3 years, you will be able to apply for a full membership.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Once again, thanks Galning for this, very informative and helpful.

Why do they make it so hard to sustain the Commitment Card? Why do they want to limit the numbers of socios, I wonder?

Galning

Their official reasoning was to protect the club from people who didn't really care about Barça. Basically everyone could become a member of Barça in a day if they wanted.

I personally think it's because it's easier to influence the people close to them, in Catalonia, in Spain, than people on the other side of the globe.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Their official reasoning was to protect the club from people who didn't really care about Barça. Basically everyone could become a member of Barça in a day if they wanted.

I personally think it's because it's easier to influence the people close to them, in Catalonia, in Spain, than people on the other side of the globe.

Perhaps they are afraid of too many people, especially if they are outside of Catalonia, becoming members they could easily influence the policies and decisions made by the club and in turn jeopardize the club? Makes sense that they control who becomes a member.

I still don't get why they made it such a chore to keep the Commitment Card. They don't want my easy money? :lol: They can easily turn down my membership application after 3 years.

Galning

I guess they want to be sure you a really committed rather than have your money. People probably spend some cash too anyway when they're in Barcelona so if you force them to come at least once every three years... :p

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[MENTION=695]Galning[/MENTION], quick question, can I apply for my initial Commitment Card outside the window of June 1st - October 30th? I understand to renew it later I will have to do it within that window, but how about getting the card in the first place?

I am asking because I might be in Barcelona in late April, I want to see if I could get my Commitment Card while I am there. If not, I might not even make that trip there.

Thank you!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You can Luft, although [MENTION=695]Galning[/MENTION] confirming it would be safer I guess :p

But you gotta ensure you can renew it yearly during that time period, or else it'll kind of go to waste, unless you just wanna donate to the club one way or another ;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You can Luft, although [MENTION=695]Galning[/MENTION] confirming it would be safer I guess :p

But you gotta ensure you can renew it yearly during that time period, or else it'll kind of go to waste, unless you just wanna donate to the club one way or another ;)

Thanks Don!

Yeah, I certainly will make an effort to travel to Barcelona for three consecutive years but if I didn't, I still have no regrets for donating 100 some euros to our club. :p

Galning

[MENTION=695]Galning[/MENTION], quick question, can I apply for my initial Commitment Card outside the window of June 1st - October 30th? I understand to renew it later I will have to do it within that window, but how about getting the card in the first place?

I am asking because I might be in Barcelona in late April, I want to see if I could get my Commitment Card while I am there. If not, I might not even make that trip there.

Thank you!

To my knowledge you can do it whenever, as Don said. Only have to renew it during that period. Good luck!

Who has got their commitment cards since the last post? I will be in Barcelona later this year in mid October and I have been trying to understand the process of getting one. I understand I have to get back there the following 2 years as well in order to be eligible for membership. I go to Europe once a year around the September/October time frame so I can always squeeze in a few days in Barcelona. :barcascarf:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Who has got their commitment cards since the last post? I will be in Barcelona later this year in mid October and I have been trying to understand the process of getting one. I understand I have to get back there the following 2 years as well in order to be eligible for membership. I go to Europe once a year around the September/October time frame so I can always squeeze in a few days in Barcelona. :barcascarf:

I did, got my commitment card last November. Along with the card you also get a "clau" number, I think it will also be
the membership number once you do become a member. My understanding is you have to show up for 3 consecutive years, not 2, between June 1st and October 31st each year, not including the year when you got your commitment card. Also the OAB office only opens on weekdays for the most part, and only on weekends between certain hours until the end of the first half of our home game, if we have a home game that day.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I'm going to get my card as Well, because I am a bit annoyed by ticket purchasing. It seems too hard to get good tickets online. I want my season ticket. 😃

Home of Barca Fans