1) Normal ways of becoming a member:
- One of your parents is a member.
- One of your grandparents is a member.
- Your official life partner is a member.
- One of your siblings, your partner's siblings or your partner's parents is a member.
----> You have to prove this through a photocopy of your ID or your actual ID plus the ID or a photocopy of the ID of the member. You also have to proof through a legal document that you are indeed official family of one another.
2) Other way of applying for membership
- Your "special" membership application has to be accepted by the board. From what I can tell this is an exceptional rule they created to allow people to become members without having to use the Commitment card. So it's probably for celebrities and other rich douches.
3) Commitment card
If you don't have any family ties with a member, you are not best buds with Bartomeu, you are not under the age of 15 or you haven't been a member for more than 2 years in the past, then you have to buy the Commitment card. Commitment cards can be purchased, in person, at the OAB offices in Barcelona.
According to them a Commitment card offers the same advantages as a full membership besides the following three:
- Firstly, you cannot vote or attend the General Assembly.
- Secondly, you will not be able to buy tickets earlier or apply for tickets for finals.
- And thirdly, you cannot buy a season ticket for Camp Nou or Palau Blaugrana + you won't be able to put your name on the waiting list for a season ticket either.
The card costs 136.50 euro every year (membership cards are annual so they don't cover a football season).
You have to renew your Commitment card every year, in person, between June 1 and October 30. Once you have done this for 3 years, you will be able to apply for a full membership.