How to become a member

dandejcica

Hey:) I have a question...can anybody help me get 2 tickets for El Clasico maybe? I need them for a gift for 30th birthday for a very special person and its on his bucket list to see this game in Barcelona and I would like to make his dream cone true. I dont know on who to turn to anymorw because nobody knows how to get tickets if you are not a member or filthy rich...i hope somebody here can help me with that:) Love frome Slovebia, Lara:)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I understand the 3 years part. I meant two years after the first year. Do you remember the various forms of payment? Credit card, bank account, cash?

It is actually 3 years after the first year (the year you got the card).

In terms of payment methods, I paid with my credit card at the OAB for the remaining 2017 due, and they sent me an e-mail (and a letter too!) late last year informing me that I could pay my 2018 due using my credit card, which was something new I believe. Very convenient. So yeah, if you live overseas you can pay with your credit card.

Horatio

You're welcome

In terms of payment methods, I paid with my credit card at the OAB for the remaining 2017 due, and they sent me an e-mail (and a letter too!) late last year informing me that I could pay my 2018 due using my credit card, which was something new I believe. Very convenient. So yeah, if you live overseas you can pay with your credit card.

What are the costs?

Thanks, for the information, it is definitely more convenient with credit card. As for the timeline, I was basically going off the website and saying basically what you said. There just must be confusion.

Back to the credit card thing, it is nice as it seems for ever uou had to use bank account for most anything from Europe.

gsgosal

Keep in mind that the membership is not guaranteed, even after you keep it up for 3 years... ;)

It is pretty much guaranteed. I say that as I spoke to the OAB this week regarding my own renewal. The commitment is both ways. You show your commitment as a supporter and the club shows its commitment to you. That’s what this means. Yes I see the line that states it’s not guaranteed. This is mainly if rules change I believe. The current president states in his own words. I will find the quote/link. Although please feel free to question what I have said :)

Andresito

Staff member
Starting today, all Culers will be able to become members of FC Barcelona

[tw]1400509932512944134[/tw]

Jadentheman

So does this mean we can all become socios? That would be big, has any member owned club opened to non-local people?

Richard.H

Starting today, all Culers will be able to become members of FC Barcelona

[tw]1400509932512944134[/tw]

Hmmm really? I imagine this is only for EU residents? There are so many barca fans in Asia, middle east, and even US that it would be mostly non-EU's...

Andresito

Staff member
Hmmm really? I imagine this is only for EU residents? There are so many barca fans in Asia, middle east, and even US that it would be mostly non-EU's...

Don't think there are restrictions. But it probably won't be as easy as getting a Netflix account, will most definitely have to apply in person in Barcelona and renew it in person as well. Just my guess though.

Richard.H

Don't think there are restrictions. But it probably won't be as easy as getting a Netflix account, will most definitely have to apply in person in Barcelona and renew it in person as well. Just my guess though.

I am on the Barca website, the only membership I can get is the "Culer Premium Membership" which just seems to give you Barca TV+, discounts on merchandise, and some card that's mailed to you. Where's the link to the actual membership?

On a sidenote, is that Culer premium membership worth it? Do they give discounts on jerseys and whatnot? if so I might get it until i wait for the actual one

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I believe it is not official yet, it is a proposal by Laporta and the board (promise made by his campaign) and it is subject to the General Assembly on July 4th. It is probably going to be approved and after which the membership registration will open, that's how I read it.

Home of Barca Fans