Would you lose to Atletico so Real don't win?

Would you lose to Atletico so Real don't win?

• Yes

Votes: 60 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 24.1%

• Total voters
B

bkjoe

Lol fair play is one thing, and playing into the hands of an arrogant organization built on capitol corruption is another. RM tries to undermine barca at every opportunity what with marca stories, the rosell mess... i wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. It would be interesting to see how it would affect the world cup campy dynamic though...maybe mascherano or dani should do hit the own goals..

mazp

Lol fair play is one thing, and playing into the hands of an arrogant organization built on capitol corruption is another. RM tries to undermine barca at every opportunity what with marca stories, the rosell mess... i wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. It would be interesting to see how it would affect the world cup campy dynamic though...maybe mascherano or dani should do hit the own goals..

But the Rosell/Neymar gate was our own fault, not buying CB/players is our own fault, transfer ban etc. We just give Marca/AS more ammo. Which is unfortunate.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I wouldn't want them to lose voluntarily but I would probably root for Atletí if I'm honest

Pretty much this.

I don't believe principles are worth throwing away the moment when a situation of "grey area" presents itself, so deliberately losing isn't something I personally would advocate. However, considering that the stakes hugely depend on Atletico's victory I would definitely want them to win.

If Barca truly are out of the competition, then winning against Atletico wouldn't be worth anything to us. However Atletico winning would give:

1. A team not from the 'big two' the title and glory to those that thoroughly deserve it.
2. Prevents RM from cheaply taking the title on the last day.

As a football/Barca fan, Atletico's victory in this situation would mean more to me than Barca's. If it came down to that, I'd want them to win.

Kerrybai

But the Rosell/Neymar gate was our own fault, not buying CB/players is our own fault, transfer ban etc. We just give Marca/AS more ammo. Which is unfortunate.

He's right though, they undermine us all the time. If the reports are true then they were behind the Neymar mess and the transfer ban mess. Screw them.

mazp

He's right though, they undermine us all the time. If the reports are true then they were behind the Neymar mess and the transfer ban mess. Screw them.

That's a big IF. But we shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

F

Flavia

First of all, different opinions are cool, and i arguing about whose are better is pointless. I have to say though, your first sentence is a bit irritating to me, so i will give you mine:

I am a fan of barca because i enjoy watching football being played on a very skillfull, masterclass level. I've been playing football myself since i was a small kid and so i can appreciate the art of what this team has shown on the highest level of competition. this is what sets them apart from other very good teams, and that's why i support them. Hate is something that should have no place in any person's life under normal circumstances. you can hate the murderer of your parents, but emotions like this should never be in sports. sports whether you are active or a supporter is about positive things like joy, passion or self improvement.
as for real madrid, they are our biggest domestic rival, and i won't cheer when they win the title. I prefer atleti to win it this year, because it breaks the routine and simeone and the squad have made a fantastic effort all the year. but if every club gives everything till the last day, and at the end real is ahead, they are the champions, end of story. to throw a game just to spite them has nothing to do with sports.
you say to hell with fair play because the others are not fair towards us, but other teams do not factor into this. If they don't want to do it, that's their cup of coffee. I'm only interested in barca and i want my team and my players to being able to enjoy every victory as being earned fair and square and to look themselves in the mirror in the morning

again this is not to preach to anyone. i just didn't like the sentiment that real supporters need to hate their rival and i wanted to explain why. cheers

"Hate" in sports is not the same as hating "the murderers of your parents". It's not a hatred for people. Many here seem to be confusing this.

But football is first and foremost a passion. I don't just appreciate the way Barça plays or the philosophy. To me it's bigger than that. For those who don't feel that way it might be difficult to grasp, as I said before.

footyfan is not a culé, he's a fan of football. He has said this time and again, and I was directing answering to his post. And there's nothing wrong with that, btw. But the way he perceives Barça, and the way I do it is very different.

I hate the rm institution and the club. But I don't hate rm fans, for instance. And I wouldn't harm or want to see hurt any rm fans. I don't even hate rm players or want anything bad to happen to them, or even to Floriano Perez.

So that's why, like Galning said a few posts above, "If we are out of the title race I would lose every day of the week and twice on Sundays."

XaviMessiGirl

"Hate" in sports is not the same as hating "the murderers of your parents". It's not a hatred for people. Many here seem to be confusing this.

But football is first and foremost a passion. I don't just appreciate the way Barça plays or the philosophy. To me it's bigger than that. For those who don't feel that way it might be difficult to grasp, as I said before.

footyfan is not a culé, he's a fan of football. He has said this time and again, and I was directing answering to his post. And there's nothing wrong with that, btw. But the way he perceives Barça, and the way I do it is very different.

I hate the rm institution and the club. But I don't hate rm fans, for instance. And I wouldn't harm or want to see hurt any rm fans. I don't even hate rm players or want anything bad to happen to them, or even to Floriano Perez.

So that's why, like Galning said a few posts above, "If we are out of the title race I would lose every day of the week and twice on Sundays."

Pretty much agree with you here.

Beast

The Observer
May 7 2008 , Real Madrid has won the previous match to seal la liga title .. a game before the clasico in Santiago Bernabeu... a disgruntled Barcelona sore losers players (led by their captains ) decided since they will do the traditional pasillo (Guard of honor) they will do something to spoil the occasion.. instead of standing in two rows wearing the famous Barcelona colors they will wear the animo-Milito white shirts on top who was injured (for yet another long time )the previous week so the club crest won't be associated with this humiliation

Upon hearing the plans a very angry Mr. Joan Laporta went down to the dressing room and gave shit to the entire squad , telling them you lost this league and you will do the honorable thing by standing with the club colors not hiding away from the shame they (the players themselves ) brought on themselves & the club by losing the liga

But that was a different era of your club... you are the children of Sandro Rosell and it's always fun reading about this or that member who whine weekly and show their true self here... in a way this thread is a big selfie of your inner selves :lol:

Anyhow this thread is like Elche fans making a poll deciding if they should beat Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu or not...

Try harder to claim you have anything in your hand but this is a guaranteed 3 points for Atletico

I agree with Carlo... this league will go down the wire until the last day , there is more points to be dropped

:lol:

Kerrybai

Anyhow this thread is like Elche fans making a poll deciding if they should beat Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu or not...

Try harder to claim you have anything in your hand but this is a guaranteed 3 points for Atletico

Of course it's not. If as you said more points are dropped and a win vs Atletico gives us the title then its very much a 50/50 game. To claim otherwise is nonsense.

S7_MUFC

@Semi, I think the issue here is you don't hate Madrid enough. Everton fans would do the same to Liverpool, Lazio to Rome ( as xmg pointed out ) Boca to River Plate, Celtic to Rangers.
I suspect Liverpool actually did this to us during 2009/10 season...and nobody suspected a thing...Even if you don't throw the game consciously you still won't be giving your 100% to win the game.....

Paganinisrvnge

I honestly don't think we have a chance of beating Atletico even with our strongest line-up. I would field a mix of youngsters and a few veterans so it doesn't look like we're trying to lose but it would definitely make it a little easier for Atletico.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
May 7 2008 , Real Madrid has won the previous match to seal la liga title .. a game before the clasico in Santiago Bernabeu... a disgruntled Barcelona sore losers players (led by their captains ) decided since they will do the traditional pasillo (Guard of honor) they will do something to spoil the occasion.. instead of standing in two rows wearing the famous Barcelona colors they will wear the animo-Milito white shirts on top who was injured (for yet another long time )the previous week so the club crest won't be associated with this humiliation

Upon hearing the plans a very angry Mr. Joan Laporta went down to the dressing room and gave shit to the entire squad , telling them you lost this league and you will do the honorable thing by standing with the club colors not hiding away from the shame they (the players themselves ) brought on themselves & the club by losing the liga

But that was a different era of your club... you are the children of Sandro Rosell and it's always fun reading about this or that member who whine weekly and show their true self here... in a way this thread is a big selfie of your inner selves :lol:

I agree with Carlo... this league will go down the wire until the last day , there is more points to be dropped

Get off the high horse. As if many Madridistas would not have entertained with similar thoughts if the situation had reversed, that we are in the driver's seat.

This is football, get real. Most fans are not idealistic.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Even though I would want us to lose so Atletico would win the league (not that they need our help to beat us), I really understand where Semi and Khorne are coming from and I deeply respect them for taking the high road. They don't love Barca a bit less than these of us who voted "yes", actually they love Barca so much that they don't want our club to be associated with any monkey business like not trying our best to win a game or worse, intentionally losing a game, no matter what the circumstances are. I really :worthy: you guys, Semi and Khorne.

This discussion reminds me of another age-old topic: Do you do anything to win, no matter how ugly it gets; or do you always try to play beautiful football? Which one is more important?

XaviMessiGirl

It really is an interesting moral dilemma. I don't want us to make it look like it's obvious that we premeditated the result (i.e. a winning own goal in stoppage time, or playing a severely weakened side from the start). That type of stuff can lead to severe punishment and I don't want to see the club in even more shit than it already is. Besides, people already think we cheat all the time as it is.

But I can say I definitely won't be cheering for Barca if the events end up this way... weird to think about, but true. I would be much happier if we lost, and I hope the team realizes what's at stake when they go into the match. I don't think any of them would want to hand Madrid the title, that's all I'll say.

Home of Barca Fans