Would you lose to Atletico so Real don't win?

Would you lose to Atletico so Real don't win?

• Yes

Votes: 60 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 19 24.1%

• Total voters

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Pinto can dive in his own box while trying to dribble an Atletico player in injury time. Thereby giving away a penalty and letting them win the game.

V

voodoomaster

But seriously, atletico is a better team, cant see why they cant beat us without our help. We should help though.

XaviMessiGirl

We don't need to lose on purpose, we just can play with a squad that probably won't win. For example:

Tello-Traore-Affelay
Roberto
Song-Samper
Adriano-Bartra-Puyol-Montoya

Can't we get in trouble for doing this? I seem to remember a few seasons back, a club (forget who) got sanctioned for intentionally not fielding a strong enough team.

Anyway, if we do it, I hope our fans come armed with this banner:

striscione-Lazio-Inter.jpg

(Context for those who don't know: several years back, Lazio lost to Inter on the last match day, ensuring Roma would not win the title.)

Richard.H

Nah that would not only be bad for Barca's reputation, but also Athletico's. The title would be more sweet for them if they beat us at our own ground.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Gotta say, the results of this really sadden me, all of you guys complaining about Ronaldo diving and Pepe fouling and whatever yet the instant we get the chance you want us to throw a game. Why should we stoop down to their level? What would that help? Ooh, Real won La Liga, big deal. It happens. They have one more shiny toy in their box. Is that really why you watch football? Would stopping them from going from 32 to 33 titles be worth the reputation of our club? To me, hell no. You guys act disgusted when Neymar dives, even against Real, yet throwing the game is completely fine. It's sad. :(

And yes, the question implies we have no chance of winning the league.

GoobiePls

S♥NE
No, because I want Real fans to come to Barcelona with a massive slogan saying "Thank You" on the middle of La Ramblas after gifting them the title. That would be funny right?

Every1s answer should obviously be yes...

Stric

It would be funny, though, that our first win against Atletico this season is a RM vs. AM title-deciding game...

Cule4life

The Culest
Gotta say, the results of this really sadden me, all of you guys complaining about Ronaldo diving and Pepe fouling and whatever yet the instant we get the chance you want us to throw a game. Why should we stoop down to their level? What would that help? Ooh, Real won La Liga, big deal. It happens. They have one more shiny toy in their box. Is that really why you watch football? Would stopping them from going from 32 to 33 titles be worth the reputation of our club? To me, hell no. You guys act disgusted when Neymar dives, even against Real, yet throwing the game is completely fine. It's sad. :(

Get off your high horse. Not everything is fair in football.

--Some teams have 1000 times more money than others and steal others player before they can build a good team. Is that fair?
--Players dive and cheat. Is that fair?
--Madrid have refs on their side, Pepe is an animal and goes unpunished. Is that fair?
--Fans criticize players excessively after one bad performance. Is that fair?
--Players walk and dont give a shit after taking the fans money(Messi). Is that fair?

Amongst these things wanting an underdog to win rather than your historical and bitter rival is the end of the world. Give me a break. Stop living in a utopia

F

Flavia

It's la liga. Just that. The "let us be superior" is something to do in pitch, when playing. AKA not be disloyal, or deliberately try to hurt them. But when such a huge title is in question... f*** it all. Seriously. Football is passion. I won't say I'd rather see a win from my beloved team to give a huge title to the team I hate the most.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
--Some teams have 1000 times more money than others and steal others player before they can build a good team. Is that fair?
--Players dive and cheat. Is that fair?
--Madrid have refs on their side, Pepe is an animal and goes unpunished. Is that fair?
--Fans criticize players excessively after one bad performance. Is that fair?
--Players walk and dont give a shit after taking the fans money(Messi). Is that fair?

You act like I support any of that. I don't. At all. I explicitly stated some of it in my post. You know, the whole "stoop down to their level" part? And the last point, just :facepalm:.

This "let us be superior" is something to do in pitch, when playing.

That's what we'll be doing against Atletico. Playing. On the pitch.

Kerrybai

Look most of us here are not catalan, we live all over the world and plenty of us have never even stood inside the Camp Nou. What you have to realise is that the hate between the 2 sets of fans is deep. Barcelona are much more than just a football team, they represent an entire group of people. The reasons Barca fans would want to throw the game are deeply engrained in Catalan and Spanish society. F*** Madrid, anything we can do to hurt them is worth doing. Some of us here might say oh no don't stoop to their level etc, but I bet if you ran this poll on a Catalan site 90% plus would vote yes.

Cule4life

The Culest
You act like I support any of that. I don't. At all. I explicitly stated some of it in my post. You know, the whole "stoop down to their level" part? And the last point, just :facepalm:

Sorry we are not as perfect as you. You may be cool with Madrid supporters waving banners of thank you barca, I'm not.

Home of Barca Fans