State of La Liga

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
(I was about 10 feet away from him in the match at the swamp, he didn't do much that day except miss an open net. Has he ever scored against an English team btw? Not having a go, I just can't remember)

No he hasn't, not that it means anything. 69 minutes into last season's Champions League final the best player in the world had never scored against an English club. :messi: :party00231:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Sorry Gnegy-pooh, I completly missed this post.

Basically Ed said that he found the Premiership unpredictable due to the certain results that happen.

You responded with a a point that basically concentrated on the way the game unfolded and in analysing the game, the result became less unpredictable. However in truth, it loses it's unpredictability when you are watching the events unfold. With the evidence in front of you, it's simple to see why the lesser team is beating the bigger team.

Example. Ed looks at today's fixture of Manchester United vs Blue Bus FC. "Man Utd are going to win that easily" Ed says. 2 hours later Blue Bus FC have just beaten Man Utd 1-0. "Wow, what a totally unpredictable result!". Nothing more, nothing less.

Confused.com? I'm not fantastic at explaining things.
So I thought I would get a decent translation of your post at confused.com. what a disappointment that site sells car insurances.

Same for Valencia-Sporting. If I look at that fixture I also say: "Valencia are going to win that easily". Two hours later I check the result and Sporting draws. "Wawo, didn't expect that to happen!"

The reason for both results is not that a certain league is so unpredicatable, it's just that the stronger teams just sucked in that particular game (Valencia deploying shit tactics and Chelsea playing like real crap in his Chelsea example). As I said, Chelsea won their other games of the season. Unpredictable!

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
No he hasn't, not that it means anything. 69 minutes into last season's Champions League final the best player in the world had never scored against an English club. :messi: :party00231:

And it's not like Valencia have been getting to the SF of the CL in the last few years. Last time he would have played competitively against and English club were the Chelsea games a couple years ago no? This idea of a 'complete player' and someone straight away brings up heading ability is stupid, there are other parts to football than scoring and heading. Villa's link up play and assist making are excellent, an aspect Torres does not have to his game.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
This idea of a 'complete player' and someone straight away brings up heading ability is stupid, there are other parts to football than scoring and heading. Villa's link up play and assist making are excellent, an aspect Torres does not have to his game.

Very well said, the fact that somebody is moderately adept in the air does not make them a better player than somebody who is a far better finisher, dribbler, passer and tactically more intelligent. (Though I thought BD was referring to Ibra)

gimmick

Their records in the last few years beg to differ. Drogba does not score nearly as many goals as Torres. In fact, I reckon Torres has scored almost as mnay goals in his 2+ seasons that what Drogbas has done in his 5+ seasons.

EDIT: Drogba in 5 seasons, 100.
Torres in 2 - 58

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I'd consider Drogba to be a more complete striker than Torres.

I'd agree with that. The Torres goalscoring records prove nothing. As we've already said it isn't just about goals. Most of those are at Anfield and against awkward teams with men back Drogba is far more effective.

Zqa-

Just like Kuyt's first touch is a tackle.

Anywho. Impossible to say who are the best striker of those two. In goals, Torres is, in importance Drogba is etc. Drogba have been vital for Chelsea the last couple of years.

Home of Barca Fans