Cesar Azpilicueta

Truthist

He's a solid defender but can't attack to save his life and our full backs need to have something about them in the opposition half so I'm not completely sold.

Why don t we invest in youth, it's so much more low risk and if it comes off it can be very rewarding.

Jombi

We're not getting a starter from Chelsea if they dont want to sell him. Thats not happening. Are they looking to sell him on the cheap for some reason? If not, forget about this nonsense.

Sorin

For 25-30 i'd have him here. But not more.

However Chelsea won't sell. Why would they? So what if they bought Rudiger? They have to compete on 4 fronts. They need depth. There is also the fact that there is no certainty that Rudiger adapts to Conte's demands and Azpilicueta is integral to their defense.

Plus the fact that Chelsea sell unwanted players for shitload of cash. Ramires for 35 millions euro, Oscar for 70. Now imagine someone they don't want to sell.

gregorrin10

He's one of the main candidates to be made the new club captain alongside Cahill and David Luiz. So he's definitely not for sale.

Messi983

Don't know why there is so much debate about him. It was pure speculation from Manolo Lama (who is RM fan BTW) that Chelsea might consider selling Azpilicueta after they bought Rudiger. There was no report about Barça being interested lately. I didn't follow him much but from what I've seen he's more defensive minded CB/RB and from other RBs linked to us we are looking for more offensive looking player so I don't think he's really on our radar right now. Also, as some people already mentioned it's very unlikely Chelsea will sell him.

Of course if under some circumstances he'll become available I'd take him before Bellerin (we have Vidal as more offensive option and with Cesar being 28 we also wouldn't totally close the door for Palencia to become a starting RB in a few years if he'll develop good) but I just don't think that's the case and we are not really considering Azpilicueta right now.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
LOOOL Azpi is Conte's favourite defender and played every game last season. I wouldn't sell him to you guys for �£100m(prob an exaggeration but you get my point) he's way too important. He's been our best defender for a long time now, can play LB, RB and CB. It would be complete and utter insanity to sell him.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
If somebody would lose their place to Rudiger it's Cahill. Even if Rudiger took Azpi's CB spot then he'd just play as RWB as he's more defensively sound than Moses and does know how to attack and cross well enough.

Spanish journalist trying to make something out of nothing cause he's a top class defender and Spanish.

Home of Barca Fans