Are You a Fan of USA Mens Soccer?

Are You a Fan of USA Mens Soccer?

• Total voters

Pepe Silvia

BTW it is no coincidence that the USWNT is such a huge powerhouse in football. The talent pool is already here and they are freely picking tons of high quality athletes around the country. There is no shortage of talent at all. In the mens case, as someone mentioned, is the NBA, NFL, MLB, etc that stray young players at the high school and college level. Colleges need to up scholarships and incentivize in the urban communities and bolster youth league participation in those communities. The suburbs, where I live, are already meccas for soccer/football athletes. I see it with my own eyes and it breaks my heart that the greed is stopping mens football/soccer from thriving at the national level.

XaviMessiGirl

Well I still feel like there is a lot of work to be done in this area for the sport to be accessible. Streams are inconvenient and not reliable, and most channels still require an additional cost if you want to watch La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Arg/Bra Leagues, etc. Only EPL and CL are widely available. That's hardly scratching the surface when it comes to having an overall understanding of the world game.

With all these hurdles its no wonder why most Americans don't bother with the sport. One would have to be very inclined to get into the sport on their own. In my case, I love researching and learning new things, so it was right up my alley to investigate and get into it but not everyone has that type of enthusiasm and because of that the sport is losing millions of dollars. Serious restructuring has to be done from the ground up, new contracts have to be established with the networks, corporations have to take risks on advertising and marketing dollars, colleges have to scrap their recruiting process and work hand in hand with youth leagues to scout talent. Everything about the old model was designed for decades past, but this is a new age, and America has to do much more to catch up and modernize but in order to do that it has to familiarize itself with general principles and rules first. American foo... soccer is trying to run before it can walk.

I agree wholeheartedly. Like I said earlier,when I first got into football, I only watched the PL, and I barely knew anything about any other league until I discovered streaming sites. And I'm someone, who as you said, tried really hard on their own to get into it - I was introduced to the sport by someone else, but all my knowledge about it is through my own research or participating in internet discussions. Now imagine someone trying to get into it casually at first, many would give up.

Home of Barca Fans