Víctor Valdés suffers ACL tear

F

Flavia

www.fcbarcelona.cat
03/26/2014 21:27

The Club's medical services confirm that the player will need surgery

2014-03-26_BARCELONA-CELTA_30.v1395868014.JPG

Víctor Valdés suffered an ACL tear on 22 minutes after saving a free kick from Augusto. The Club's Medical Services confirm that he will need surgery. The keeper fell awkwardly on his right leg, forcing him to ask to be substituted. He was subbed off two minutes later for Pinto while he was being carted off the pitch of the Camp Nou.

This isn’t Valdés’ first injury this season. The keeper picked up a calf injury during the international friendly in South Africa. He was out for eight matches, the last ones of 2013. His first match after that injury was against Elche at the Camp Nou.

This is sad beyond words.

Valdes thread.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx Flavia.
So sad to lose the club legend this way. He was having one of his best seasons too and had a good shot at being Spain's no1 for World Cup :(

King Leo

Banned
Really sad for VV. I can't imagine how emotionally hurt he is right now to end his career at Barca this way and to not play in the WC. DAMN!

KhaledBarca

F**K injuries!!!!!!!!!!

I though we finally got all our starters fit and than this happens!!

Anims Valdes! Worst way to end his career at Barcelona!!!! I really don't know what to say, hope Pinto does well until the end of the season...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Truly sad beyond words. Hope we will carry on and get through without Victor, and wish him a speedy and full recovery.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Feels like every spring a dark cloud finds it's way over the team, shitty way for Victor's time at the club to end

Zavir

Sums up our luck as of late, completely shattered he has to end his amazing season this way.

Home of Barca Fans