Víctor Valdés suffers ACL tear

Ron

Old-School
Chill the f**k down, guys.
I'm not saying he deserves this, I'm just saying it's funny and ironic that he desperately wanted to leave the club and he got seriously injured. I appreciate everything he gave for the club, but that doesn't mean that I have to like him. He's arrogant, and i'll never forget how he threatened to leave Barça in 2009 (or 2010?) just to get an upgrade in his salary. now they're talking about renewing his contract for one more year. it's very considerate of Barça to think about it, but I don't want anybody that don't want to be here, especially due to the fact that we already have a goalkeeper for the next season. like I said, Ter-Stegen shouldn't pay the price for Valdes' injury.

Isn't this guy Ron a Manchester city troll?
Sadly for you, I've been a Barça fan for 23 years. I may have an unpopular opinions, but what do you know? it's a forum. I can say whatever the hell I think. deal with it.

e28makaveli

Aww man, this truly sucks. Why does it have to end this way?

Hoping Victor a speedy recovery. Knee injuries are one of the worst. Also, the damn knee may never be same if not done right.

serghei

tsss i remember thinking at the time of his injury that my brother did exactly the same thing a few years ago, didn't land properly, and was out for a year with acl tear + meniscus

Yep. It is very dangerous to land on just one foot (that means the whole body weight is distributed to just one of the knee's ligaments), especially if the leg is not flexed when it touches the ground. And Valdes landed on one foot from a high point, having jumped to catch the ball. He really didn't have any chance to avoid the injury. If anything, he was lukcy that it was only the ACL that got teared. It could have been even worse.

The meniscus could have been affected as well as other ligaments of the knee.

Last edited:

kresearch

Very, very unfortunate for both Barca and Victor. I hope he recovers fast and completely to be in shape to play. He's got a lot of mileage on his tires, regardless of whether he stays with Barca or signs with another club. Good luck Victor!

frog-fcb

I really dont see why he should be offerd a new contract he made his decision to leave we could let him do his rehab here though an then let his other team sign him

frog-fcb

maybe but he has already made his decision to leave us so why would barca want to be burdend with another year of paying his wages just till he finds himself a new club

F

Flavia

maybe but he has already made his decision to leave us so why would barca want to be burdend with another year of paying his wages just till he finds himself a new club

I'm sure his wages would be lowered, if that was the case. But it seems Monaco will honour the contract.

flamenco

Puyol and Messi in Valdes role :neymar:
1948016_646899645378086_1290017308_n.jpg

Barcadub

He can leave cause his contract is up.

But we need him to stay for another season, which he might well just do.

Home of Barca Fans