Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Víctor Valdés suffers ACL tear

Old-School

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chill the f**k down, guys.
    I'm not saying he deserves this, I'm just saying it's funny and ironic that he desperately wanted to leave the club and he got seriously injured. I appreciate everything he gave for the club, but that doesn't mean that I have to like him. He's arrogant, and i'll never forget how he threatened to leave Barça in 2009 (or 2010?) just to get an upgrade in his salary. now they're talking about renewing his contract for one more year. it's very considerate of Barça to think about it, but I don't want anybody that don't want to be here, especially due to the fact that we already have a goalkeeper for the next season. like I said, Ter-Stegen shouldn't pay the price for Valdes' injury.

Quote Originally Posted by cule4life View Post
    Isn't this guy Ron a Manchester city troll?
    Sadly for you, I've been a Barça fan for 23 years. I may have an unpopular opinions, but what do you know? it's a forum. I can say whatever the hell I think. deal with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww man, this truly sucks. Why does it have to end this way?

Hoping Victor a speedy recovery. Knee injuries are one of the worst. Also, the damn knee may never be same if not done right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TornAndFrayed View Post
    tsss i remember thinking at the time of his injury that my brother did exactly the same thing a few years ago, didn't land properly, and was out for a year with acl tear + meniscus
    Yep. It is very dangerous to land on just one foot (that means the whole body weight is distributed to just one of the knee's ligaments), especially if the leg is not flexed when it touches the ground. And Valdes landed on one foot from a high point, having jumped to catch the ball. He really didn't have any chance to avoid the injury. If anything, he was lukcy that it was only the ACL that got teared. It could have been even worse.

The meniscus could have been affected as well as other ligaments of the knee.
    Last edited by serghei; 28th March 2014 at 08:53 AM.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he was playing such an important role for us this season

very unfortunate

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very, very unfortunate for both Barca and Victor. I hope he recovers fast and completely to be in shape to play. He's got a lot of mileage on his tires, regardless of whether he stays with Barca or signs with another club. Good luck Victor!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really dont see why he should be offerd a new contract he made his decision to leave we could let him do his rehab here though an then let his other team sign him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frog-fcb View Post
    I really dont see why he should be offerd a new contract
    He is a legend.
    Life sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe but he has already made his decision to leave us so why would barca want to be burdend with another year of paying his wages just till he finds himself a new club

Flavia
    Quote Originally Posted by frog-fcb View Post
    maybe but he has already made his decision to leave us so why would barca want to be burdend with another year of paying his wages just till he finds himself a new club
    I'm sure his wages would be lowered, if that was the case. But it seems Monaco will honour the contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Puyol and Messi in Valdes role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can leave cause his contract is up.

But we need him to stay for another season, which he might well just do.