Barca draws Atleti

frog-fcb

It a good draw for barca they no atleti very well and also less travelling to do than madrid has to paris so it might give us a slender advantage in league

i_bleed_blaugrana

I do in some ways feel like this was seeded. If you think about it, based on form and reputation right now you could rank the teams in the competition at:

1. Bayern
2. Madrid
3. Barca
4. PSG
5. Chelsea
6. Atletico
7. Dortmund
8. UTD

1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5.

It's hard to see Bayern losing to UTD, especially without RVP but you never know. UTD have a history of finding ways to snatch victory from certain defeat but even still, it would take nothing short of a miracle. I see it the same way for Dortmund. Their best bet is shell up and absorb in the 1st leg and maybe hope for a lofty result with Lewa's return at home in the 2nd.

Our tie is tricky. I'm not sure I'm as convinced as other people here that Atletico are slowly burning out but I do think this is a decent draw. Honestly, I like that we have the home tie first as well. Recently I think the Away-Home draw has done more harm than good for us since we struggle more away from the Camp Nou. I'm sure we will be up for this one and particularly if we beat Madrid this Sunday, this tie could go a long way psychologically in La Liga with that final game of the season us hosting Atletico, which is sure to have a huge influence on who wins La Liga.

If we beat Madrid on Sunday, dispatch of Atletico in CL and beat Madrid again in the CdR, proving that we still are the best team in Spainm, I think that could sway momentum heavily in our favor to take it all the way in CL and La Liga.

Really excited for the remainder of this season and I'm hopeful and confident we get off to a good start by beating Madrid at the Bernabau.

Kinlejus

How can people even consider MU having any chances against Bayern is beyond me, you must have not watched that team play under Moyes, they are miserable.

As for Real Madrid, they won't have any difficulties, for that I am certain.

Looking at our draw, I aswell, as some of here pointed out, see no reason to be too optimistic. Atletic burning down? What about recent Barca's struggles? Do not underestimate them. I am expecting a very narrow win on aggregate.

xavi_the_Boss

It´s a Team that we know very well and that didn´t beat us since 4 years.Of course United and Dortmund would have probably been easier but it´s still a decent draw IMO.

Barcilliant

Am was a better draw for us than Chelsea. Chelsea have always been a bit of a bogey side for us plus we would have to deal with Mourinho's shenanigans. Dortmund would have been the perfect draw for us but RM got the easy ticket as usual.

That idiot Moyes thinks Utd are a darkhorse for CL just because they beat Olympiakos. Hope Bayern smash Utd and Dortmund pull off a miracle.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Atleti fans voted on the team they most wanted to face.

BjPbHQ6CAAALwqQ.jpg

xavi2y.png

desoe

Atleti - Barca 1-1
Barca - Atleti 0-0
Atleti - Barca 0-0

Our past three meetings with them. And taking into account how teams are approaching KO stages in the CL, I expect no more than two goals in both games combined :lol:

desoe

Ballague after Man City draw:

"Toughest possible opponent for Barca. Physical, good on counter-attack, strong on set pieces".

Ballague after Atletico draw:

"Toughest possible opponent for Barca. Physical, good on counter-attack, strong on set pieces".

Chill, guys. We're going through.

L

linetty

Atleti - Barca 1-1
Barca - Atleti 0-0
Atleti - Barca 0-0

Our past three meetings with them. And taking into account how teams are approaching KO stages in the CL, I expect no more than two goals in both games combined :lol:
They are very strong defensively, but with out our CL form, Messi & Iniesta are going to rip them apart.

Home of Barca Fans