Barca draws Atleti

Sasuke85

Don't think so. If it was rigged, uefa would be helping Bayern out more than Real, as United is an easier opponent than bvb atm, which doesn't make sense as Bayern are obviously superior to Real.
If I were Platini, I wouldn't do it as obviously as you said, because it would rise suspicion. I believe UEFA has, to some extent, controlled the draw's result.

K

knowledge

I've found out I am going to be in Madrid when the away leg is on - do you think as a non-soci there is any chance whatsoever of me getting a ticket with the barca fans? I guess I'll have a better chance of getting a ticket in the home end so maybe i'll just have to sit with the atletico fans and keep quiet

L

linetty

Wanted Real-Bayern but oh well, you could expect them to get the easiest one

My bet for the clash vs Atletico... 1st leg: 3-0, 2nd: 0-1

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Still very nervous. We have to play our best game at home and hope for a win with a bigger margin, to offset any potential goals conceded at the Vincente Calderon. I don't see us beating Atletico away, a draw would be ideal.

PhilS

Tough draw, but could have been worse. At least the travel will be as easy as possible.

Atleti plays Barca super tough in the midfield. Barca has not proven it can beat this opponent. Atleti might has a playing style that matches up well with Barca, they might have the best coach, they might be the best conditioned, they consistently play extremely hard and true to their style. Is their squad as talented as the bigger clubs? On paper, no, but this is not something that Atleti lets psych them out. At least Barca will not underestimate this opponent, they know exactly what a fine team this is.

This is a great matchup for the world to watch, and it clearly could go either way. I think Barca is back to fine form again, which should provide the edge for this tie. Now, if Neymar could just find the net a few times in the next three games, that is what needs to develop now.

L

linetty

The matchup could go either way of course but we are very much more dangerous right now than whenever since the last year. These will be two really tough games but in my opinion, we are going trough if Messi & Iniesta countinue to play at their current level.

Anyway, we'll see what we are made of already on Sunday.

F

Flavia

Who were the two easiest in this draw, far & away?...Who were the two favored sides left in the draw, including the defending champions?...No other way to look at it than favoring those two
There were rumors last season platini wanted a Barça - rm final too. I think it's just speculation. No way the other teams would be quiet about it, if there were to be serious rumors and suspicions.

tello

Tough draw, but doable. I would much rather deal with Atléti than Chelsea, Real or Bayern (not yet). I think we can make it.

Tough but better than most of other possibilities which makes it imo a good draw especially if we consider we know them very well and it's difficult for them to surprise us.

It's ok. Could have been better (United, Dortmund) but also worse (Bayern, Madrid, PSG, Chelsea)

Sure!

United and Dortmund would have been better but I think this time the first leg at home against them is an advantage since we can make a good result at camp nou and go there with less pression upon our shoulders...

raedkuwait

so am i correct in saying that for the last 5 years in CL the team that won CL was either barca
or the team who beat barca, isnt that correct?!

Home of Barca Fans