Toni Kroos or Arturo Vidal?

Toni Kroos or Arturo Vidal?

• Total voters

Hamzah

High Definition Member
vidal can't control the pace of the game but if he comes (he won't) we would maybe change our style a little bit.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I picked Vidal, mostly because Kroos is more of the same (we have) and I don't see him being superior to Cesc, while Vidal can offer alternatives and muscle...

Alissa

Wow, some of you guys would really take Kroos over Vidal???? Maybe I'm biased, but that's insane.

Alissa

And about the fact that Kroos' contract ends in 2015, while we will probably have to pay 50M for Vidal.

I understand that, but money issues aside, Vidal is definitely the better player, it's not even up for discussion imo.

Maria

Maybe you didn't read the first post in this thread:

Would you rather buy Vidal or Kroos to strengthen our midfield?

Please take the the following factors into account:
- price
- how they would adapt to the language
- how they would adapt to Barca's style
- future potential
- chances to sign the player
- in what way would he make the club better

So even though Vidal is the better player, Kroos is younger, he would be cheaper, our chances of signing him are higher and he would be that person who could take over from Xavi and orchestrate the team's play. Not to mention that we would weaken Bayern in the process.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Vidal would necessitate a significant shift in playing style. Vidal cannot control, distribute and dictate the game like a CM needs to for Barcelona. Vidal for Barcelona would either be a CDM in Busi's spot, effectively putting him in a position that would not allow him to showcase all his talents, or he would be a box-to-box midfielder in a double pivot system and Barcelona would then switch to play like Man City plays now or Bayern used to play under Heynckes.

Kroos on the other hand, would not require a change of system, just merely an adaptation period. He can slot into the CM role, and while he won't necessarily play like Xavi, he has the skills to still distribute and dictate the game. He is a much better fit.

Kroos will almost certainly cost a hell of a lot less.

Home of Barca Fans