Arjen Robben

Yannik

i think the perception stemmed from the stretch of lost finals: 10 CL, 10 WC, 12 CL. though i wouldn't say he was overrated. he was very dangerous in the WC final, but ultimately fluffed two 1 on 1s that could have won it for them. he redeemed himself with the 13 CL and 14 WC though.

He missed a couple chances in the finals, even Messi did that, but that shouldn't deter anyone from the fact that he was the reason why his teams were in those finals in the first place. Take 2010 alone, he was literally a one man team already at that time, MOTM performances and Puskas contenders on a weekly base.

Tie Winner vs Fiorentina in the CL Quarterfinal 2010

[gfy]MarriedHorribleBluetonguelizard[/gfy]

Tie Winner vs ManUtd in the CL Semifinal 2010

[gfy]FarawayRedFeline[/gfy]

Tie Winner vs Schalke in the DFB Cup Semifinal 2010

[gfy]ShortBelatedFluke[/gfy]

Tie Winner vs Uruguay in the World Cup Semifinal 2010

[gfy]GlitteringRipeHamster[/gfy]

He was already tearing it up long years before he won his first finals.

Last edited:

Catta

Ah the Fiorentina game, when Bayern scored from a 5 metre offside thus eliminating Fiorentina. But hey nobody remembers that because it was not Barcelona that got favoured

Yannik

Ah the Fiorentina game, when Bayern scored from a 5 metre offside thus eliminating Fiorentina. But hey nobody remembers that because it was not Barcelona that got favoured

That was in the first leg though, not the actual tie breaker so anything might've happened after that. They also were on the end of some stupid ass ref call where a legit goal advántage was called off for a penalty.

Catta

That was in the first leg though, not the actual tie breaker so anything might've happened after that. They also were on the end of some stupid ass ref call where a legit goal advántage was called off for a penalty.

As far as I remember Bayern won on away goals, so it was the tie breaker. But the reason I remember that game is the ref, it was that Ovrebo guy, the same one form the Chelsea game when the whole world started calling us uefalona, ovrebolona, etc., but nobody even mentioned when he fucked fiorentina over

Yannik

As far as I remember Bayern won on away goals, so it was the tie breaker. But the reason I remember that game is the ref, it was that Ovrebo guy, the same one form the Chelsea game when the whole world started calling us uefalona, ovrebolona, etc., but nobody even mentioned when he fucked fiorentina over

The tie breaker was Robben's goal, the other goal was from the first leg. It was one of the goals in the needed aggregate, but it was also early enough to let anything happen in either way after that so imo it's a bit too much to say the whole tie was entirely ruined after the first bad call had happened or that that was the specific reason. Such games where a single goal-scene was unfair happen all the time, lucikly VAR is on the rise. Ovrebo was bad enough for either teams to complain. He quitted after that campaign to everyones relieve, he was simply an overall terrible ref. That game is 7 years old however, so it makes little sense to debate it now.

Last edited:

Yannik

Can't agree with this. Robben was better pre 2013 (2009-) than post especially in big games, with the exception for finals. That assumption is just extrapolated from 2-3 finals where he missed big chances yet still played actually good.

Last edited:

Messi983

No, I was actually rooting for Oranje in that game in WC 2014 because I wanted Spain to get rid off Del Bosque.

And well, I was fan of their NT from 1996-2010 or so and I also became Barça fan mostly because of the Dutch colony we had here. But I didnt' liked their recent teams and Robben was one of the reasons for that.

Windhook

I like Dutch football. That's the reason I don't hate this guy. It was between him and Ribery in 2013 for the Balon d'Or.

Home of Barca Fans