User Tag List

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 931

Thread: Arjen Robben

  1. #916
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannik View Post
    when was he overrated and bad at big games though?
    i think the perception stemmed from the stretch of lost finals: 10 CL, 10 WC, 12 CL. though i wouldn't say he was overrated. he was very dangerous in the WC final, but ultimately fluffed two 1 on 1s that could have won it for them. he redeemed himself with the 13 CL and 14 WC though.

  2. #917
    Senior Member
    Yannik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    4,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    i think the perception stemmed from the stretch of lost finals: 10 CL, 10 WC, 12 CL. though i wouldn't say he was overrated. he was very dangerous in the WC final, but ultimately fluffed two 1 on 1s that could have won it for them. he redeemed himself with the 13 CL and 14 WC though.
    He missed a couple chances in the finals, even Messi did that, but that shouldn't deter anyone from the fact that he was the reason why his teams were in those finals in the first place. Take 2010 alone, he was literally a one man team already at that time, MOTM performances and Puskas contenders on a weekly base.

    Tie Winner vs Fiorentina in the CL Quarterfinal 2010



    Tie Winner vs ManUtd in the CL Semifinal 2010




    Tie Winner vs Schalke in the DFB Cup Semifinal 2010



    Tie Winner vs Uruguay in the World Cup Semifinal 2010



    He was already tearing it up long years before he won his first finals.
    Last edited by Yannik; 12th October 2017 at 01:37 AM.

  3. #918
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember that goal against United well, still one of my favorite goals.

  4. #919
    Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah the Fiorentina game, when Bayern scored from a 5 metre offside thus eliminating Fiorentina. But hey nobody remembers that because it was not Barcelona that got favoured

  5. #920
    Senior Member
    Yannik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    4,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Ah the Fiorentina game, when Bayern scored from a 5 metre offside thus eliminating Fiorentina. But hey nobody remembers that because it was not Barcelona that got favoured
    That was in the first leg though, not the actual tie breaker so anything might've happened after that. They also were on the end of some stupid ass ref call where a legit goal advŠntage was called off for a penalty.

  6. #921
    Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannik View Post
    That was in the first leg though, not the actual tie breaker so anything might've happened after that. They also were on the end of some stupid ass ref call where a legit goal advŠntage was called off for a penalty.
    As far as I remember Bayern won on away goals, so it was the tie breaker. But the reason I remember that game is the ref, it was that Ovrebo guy, the same one form the Chelsea game when the whole world started calling us uefalona, ovrebolona, etc., but nobody even mentioned when he fucked fiorentina over

  7. #922
    Senior Member
    Yannik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    4,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    As far as I remember Bayern won on away goals, so it was the tie breaker. But the reason I remember that game is the ref, it was that Ovrebo guy, the same one form the Chelsea game when the whole world started calling us uefalona, ovrebolona, etc., but nobody even mentioned when he fucked fiorentina over
    The tie breaker was Robben's goal, the other goal was from the first leg. It was one of the goals in the needed aggregate, but it was also early enough to let anything happen in either way after that so imo it's a bit too much to say the whole tie was entirely ruined after the first bad call had happened or that that was the specific reason. Such games where a single goal-scene was unfair happen all the time, lucikly VAR is on the rise. Ovrebo was bad enough for either teams to complain. He quitted after that campaign to everyones relieve, he was simply an overall terrible ref. That game is 7 years old however, so it makes little sense to debate it now.
    Last edited by Yannik; 12th October 2017 at 01:58 PM.

  8. #923
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,855
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannik View Post
    when was he overrated and bad at big games though?
    Pre 2013

  9. #924
    Senior Member
    Yannik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    4,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcilliant View Post
    Pre 2013
    Can't agree with this. Robben was better pre 2013 (2009-) than post especially in big games, with the exception for finals. That assumption is just extrapolated from 2-3 finals where he missed big chances yet still played actually good.
    Last edited by Yannik; 13th October 2017 at 06:19 AM.

  10. #925
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,845
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never liked this guy for some reason...

  11. #926
    Senior Member
    Xaviniesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Never liked this guy for some reason...
    Probably because he destroyed Pique and Alba

  12. #927
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,845
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I was actually rooting for Oranje in that game in WC 2014 because I wanted Spain to get rid off Del Bosque.

    And well, I was fan of their NT from 1996-2010 or so and I also became BarÁa fan mostly because of the Dutch colony we had here. But I didnt' liked their recent teams and Robben was one of the reasons for that.

  13. #928
    Senior Member
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    5,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Never liked this guy for some reason...
    He is/was a notorious diver.

  14. #929
    Senior Member
    dakt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    5,286
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Far from my favorite, but he's an exceptional player.

  15. #930
    Senior Member
    Windhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Dutch football. That's the reason I don't hate this guy. It was between him and Ribery in 2013 for the Balon d'Or.

Tags for this Thread