User Tag List

Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast

Thread: Arjen Robben

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBernie View Post
    "You know that move that Robben always does? Cuts in and shoots a curler from the top of the box towards the back post?"
    "Yes."
    "Don't give him any space to do that."
    "Yep, got it."
    He's just too good when he does it.

Props to him for still being a great player after all those injuries and at his age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like he retired from NT, they will not be able to replace a player like him anytime soon, and they are struggling enough as it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah apparently it was his last game for the NT. He's still their best player by far even at 33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used to be the least talented of a Golden Generation, ended as arguably the third best Dutch player of all time. Absolute legend.

HiiiPoWeR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Third best is a bit much imo. But Robben would surely end up in an all time Dutch team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaugrana Bull View Post
    Third best is a bit much imo. But Robben would surely end up in an all time Dutch team.
    That's why it's arguable. Him or Gullit imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definitely an all time legend for the netherlands...the last man standing from the 2010 team that reached the final and still infinitely better than overhyped players like depay...much respect
    peptastic

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    He's just too good when he does it.

Props to him for still being a great player after all those injuries and at his age.
    lol exactly. His quickness has to be something you have to see live to actually appreciate what defenders have to contend with. It was like me watching Messi for the first time. I saw him play my countrymen(Nigeria) in the U-17 world cup. I remember being so angry that this little guy was dribbling through our defense at will. Accelerating, stopping, going it drove me mad. As time went on of course I just learned to appreciate the greatness that I witnessed on the screen(As I did tonight where Messi showed why he's considered the greatest in the world). Robben is an incredible player, makes me wonder what a smart coach like Ancelotti was thinking in benching him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given his injury-history and his age, its remarkable how quick and fit he still is.
    Sure know how to take care of himself, or maybe its just genetics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big loss for NT, the best Dutch player this century, top 5 of all time. Some people donít like him because of his diving, but he is a great person of the field. Dedicated to the sport and money and fame never got to his head. I hope he will finish his career in The Netherlands, we need him.

SiempreBlaugrana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannik View Post
    Used to be the least talented of a Golden Generation, ended as arguably the third best Dutch player of all time. Absolute legend.
    1. Cruyff
    2. Van Basten

?

QUE D10S NOS PROTEJA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in terms of performances for the national team he definitely deserves to be top 3. holland making the 2010 final and 2014 semis was largely on him (with great support from sneidjer and RVP of course).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only world class Dutch footballer left on the planet and he's gone. Sad days for Dutch football.

Personally one of my favourite players ever. Robben is that winger that nobody wants to face, he's just lethal.

Legendary player.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robben has been one of few players who have been able to turn their career around, from an overrated player who is bad in big games to a legend. Lots of respect for him
    Netherlands need to rebuild now and start fixing whatever wrong in their youth system.they aren't producing have of talents they used to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Robben has been one of few players who have been able to turn their career around, from an overrated player who is bad in big games to a legend. Lots of respect for him
    Netherlands need to rebuild now and start fixing whatever wrong in their youth system.they aren't producing have of talents they used to
    when was he overrated and bad at big games though?