Arjen Robben

Lomar1o

"Argentina did not deserve to win," the Bayern Munich winger claimed.

"They did not have many chances and the best chances fell to us. The final? I think Germany have proved more and I have many friends there, so I hope they win the World Cup."

The Oranje will face Brazil in a third-place play-off on Saturday, but when asked about the prospect of ending the competition on a high, Robben could do little to hid his misery.

"Honestly, it's not a title that interests me,"

"But, I am very proud of this team. Of course it is difficult to fail when you come so close, but the fact we managed to get here is amazing. We mustn't blame anyone, everyone did a great job."

source is goal com.

footyfan

Calma, calma
A couple of touches is what separated him from being a hero today. The extra touch that allowed Masch to get back and the extra touch after nutmegging Demichelis. Also did his part and buried his penalty. He can be really pleased with his performance this World Cup. Look forward to seeing him in the Champions League. Chin up Arjen!

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
"Argentina did not deserve to win," the Bayern Munich winger claimed.

"They did not have many chances and the best chances fell to us. The final? I think Germany have proved more and I have many friends there, so I hope they win the World Cup."
What's he on? Holland had better chances lol apart from the burst in which Masch superbley tackled him I don't recall other worthy chances created by the Dutch while Argentina had at least 3 chances which should have been put to bed. And people wonder why he is not liked and considered a douche

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Well, it's not a reliable source at least. He could've said those things, but I don't trust that site.

This is, in summary, what he said in the Dutch press, to reliable sources:

"We should be proud of what we achieved. It hurts a lot now, yet I still feel proud of what WE achieved.

"We deserved to win. (Argentina) was looking to win by penalties. We were fitter and we got some small chances, like the one in the 90th minute. It just wasn't meant to be....it sucks. But then again, we should be proud."

"I don't care for the next match. Third place doesn't matter: only the first place counts."

He also expects Germany to win, it says.

So, fair enough, he did say it. I blame it on post-match denial, something we have seen quite a lot of in this WC.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

He's a fantastically talented player but dives way too much. People were drooling over him and I said it after the groups that he'd become way less effective when denied space(happens to everyone but he needs space more than some other players) and Argentina didn't give him an inch until the end when Mascherano saved the day.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
BsL1quzCUAAGxFO.png:large

BsMNHYOCMAEncH1.jpg:large

Home of Barca Fans