Arjen Robben

Hatem Ben Arfa

WOW anyone watch Inter Bayern last night?

Robben is different class! He really is the closest thing to Lionel Messi out there! Real Madrid made a boo boo by selling him.

Robben better than C.Ronaldo for me! If Robben was fit for a whole season, Messi would have real tough fight on his hands for Ballon D'or.

Anyone else have thoughts on Robbens recent games?

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

Yes, he really is the closest player out there to Messi. He plays exactly like him on the right wing, the way he cuts inside and dribbles with such close control and smashes it in far corner. Really good intricate link up play in no space at all with his teammates. He really would give Messi a tough battle for Ballon D'Or if he was fit for a full season.

I can't help but laugh at the fact Real Madrid let Robben go. :lol:

Sewelly

Erm, am I the only one who thinks Robben's style of play is nothing like Messi? He's also not face to lace Messi's boots regardless.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Erm, am I the only one who thinks Robben's style of play is nothing like Messi? He's also not face to lace Messi's boots regardless.

Dude you don't see the similarities at all? Some of his goals are almost carbon copies of Messi's! His close control is very similar to Messi's, his dribbling is very similar to Messi's.

I'm serious, 1 full season from a fit Robben and Messi would have a tougher battle for Ballon D'Or than Ronaldo is giving him right now!

BerkeleyBernie

Robben is faster on the dead run than Messi and can hit it from further out. A cross between Ronaldo and Messi.

Messi is far better than either in creative passing.

A

abbeho

He's good but not that great. It seems as he favors going left every time he's 1on1 with somebody. Like he dribbles left towards the box and makes a shot. And if its more people he tries to go right for a long pass.
I'm just saying he doesn't seem very creative

Hatem Ben Arfa

I can't stress enough how World Class Robben is. If he was fit for 1 whole season, the debate would be Messi or Robben for Ballon D'or. Penaltiano 'tap in' Ronaldo wouldn't even be in the picture!

There's a big game in Bundesliga this Saturday. Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund. Should be an awesome game, 2 teams with such fantastically talented players on either side. Watch Robben show his class in this game. I think you can catch about 1 hr of this game before Barca Mallorca kicks off.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
His passing is so much better than he's been given credit for...he had some killer passes in the last couple of weeks. He's not just a great dribbler and a dangerous shooter, he's got playmaker-skills as well. I mean, how many times have we seen Bayern score from a Robben through pass to Müller, who can give a easy pass for Gomez (or Schweinsteiger or so) to tap in? I hope he stays fit...

Home of Barca Fans