UEFA Youth league 13/14 - CAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Haruko The Goon
  • Start date
H

Haruko The Goon

Whats up whats up whats up....

I was on an Arsenal forum, and read that the Arsenal youth team are in the Uefa Youth League. The match I watched was Arsenal vs Shakhtar.

We played them off the park, and smashed them 3-1.

So... who are we drawn against in the Quarter finals? ONLY BARCELONA YOUTH lol :)

I couldn't find a threat about it (There may not be one) so I made this thread. If any body is interested, 1st leg is on the 11/12th, 2nd leg is 18/19th.

http://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/news/newsid=2063656.html

Some of our players to watch out for:

RB: Bellarin
CM: Zelalem
ST: Akpom
RW: Gnabry
CM: Crowley <-- God, I hope he plays.

Last edited:

jklz

How's Toral doing for your team? And I saw that Julio Pleguezelo played against Shakthar as well, is he expected to do so against Barça?

Just some players to look out for at Barça:
DEF: Tarín (CB), Quinti (LB/CB)
MID: Kaptoum
ATT: Munir (!)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Whatever happened to that 6'4 CB at Arsenal who came from Barca, I think Ignasi Miquel or something like that? Anyway I haven't heard much about Toral at Arsenal other than him having injury problems and not being that great. Considering the midfield depth they have already and the ones for the future (Gnabry, Zelalem, Crowley, and probably Draxler) I doubt Toral will end up a success. Heard a lot about Bellerin so far though.

And it's probably way too early right now, but does Lee's Fifa ban extend to Uefa competitions like this as well?

H

Haruko The Goon

Whatever happened to that 6'4 CB at Arsenal who came from Barca, I think Ignasi Miquel or something like that? Anyway I haven't heard much about Toral at Arsenal other than him having injury problems and not being that great. Considering the midfield depth they have already and the ones for the future (Gnabry, Zelalem, Crowley, and probably Draxler) I doubt Toral will end up a success. Heard a lot about Bellerin so far though.

And it's probably way too early right now, but does Lee's Fifa ban extend to Uefa competitions like this as well?

Miquel? He's garbage. Not suited for the Premiership in the slightest. Would do okay in Spain or Italy.

Far too physically inferior. He played vs United under 21's last season, Nick Powell ripped him a new anus in that match.

H

Haruko The Goon

How's Toral doing for your team? And I saw that Julio Pleguezelo played against Shakthar as well, is he expected to do so against Barça?

Just some players to look out for at Barça:
DEF: Tarín (CB), Quinti (LB/CB)
MID: Kaptoum
ATT: Munir (!)

Toral's not been too impressive, but also hasn't been terrible. Just been producing 6/10 displays. constantly. Some games I hardly see him.

Julio Pleguezelo? I've only seen one match with him in it, and he's looked good, can't honestly say more than that as I haven't seen him too often.

H

Haruko The Goon

arsenal should win this one, their players have way more experience at the professional level

I think experience wise, we should be favourites.

However, Barcelona's youth are the best players in the world.... It should be a tasty encounter. I love how it's two legged also. Proper professional feel about it.

H

Haruko The Goon

how is kristoffer olsson doing ? I saw that he was subbed in and did a penalty goal last game

Scored a pen, but honestly never excited me. I know a couple Arsenal fans on a few websites that rate him very very highly... not for me though. What he does just comes across quite basic, and I've yet to see anything of spectacular quality, like Gnabry or Crowley could produce.

H

Haruko The Goon

Fackin hell....

Toral
Miquel
Fabregas
Bellarin
Merida
Pleguezelo

Plus a handful of others we've been rumoured to have wanted; Munir, Sanabria, Quintill, Samper amongst others.

Antimadridista1

Funny that your youth league team called Gnabry who's already playing for the A team.
Our club will never do that with players like Adama (Or Samper, Sandro Ramirez…) because only the players from Juvenil A can play the UEFA Youth League in La Masia system.

khaled_a_d

Funny that your youth league team called Gnabry who's already playing for the A team.
Our club will never do that with players like Adama (Or Samper, Sandro Ramirez…) because only the players from Juvenil A can play the UEFA Youth League in La Masia system.

Tbh that is our problem not there

H

Haruko The Goon

Gnabry is a youth teamer. He's been used in the main team only because of injuries/bans to our wide players.

Walcotts out for the rest of the reason, at the same time Ramsey and Oxlade got injured too. Our right side was desperately thin.

Now that Oxlade is back, and Ramsey is set to return, Gnabry will go back to playing reserve football...

Galning

Barça doesn't play the good players because "they are too good for this level". Couldn't care less if we lose to Arsenal in a youth league as long as we keep kicking them out of the CL. That said it's probably good to lose against them because they will poach our good players again if they perform.

H

Haruko The Goon

And you'll pay huge sums for our starters if they perform :p

Home of Barca Fans