Saul Niguez

Alarcón

Rayo-Vallecano-de-Madrid-v-Levante-UD-La-Liga-3012266.jpg

Saúl Ñíguez is a Spanish centre-back and defensive midfielder who currently plays for Rayo Vallecano on loan from Atlético Madrid.

He's one of the most promising Spanish youth players and though we haven't been linked to him, he's supposed to be one of the players who was included in our David Villa deal with Atlético (the other most likely being Manquillo), which means that we have a first refusal on him.

From what I've seen of him, he looks very sharp and talented, with great tackling and positional awareness. I think he would be a viable and not too expensive option for us this summer if we were to buy 2 centre-backs.

Full name: Saúl Ñíguez Esclápez

Date of birth: 21.11.1994

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's best as a DM, Atletico's heir to Gabi. In defense he's error prone (especially with Rayo's backline) and doesn't have the same tendencies that a natural CB does much like Mascherano. I don't think it's in our best interests to buy him as we have Bartra for a young CB and we probably only need one reliable transfer.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Sell Song... buy him as an understudy for Busi. Buy a good CB and we will be sorted in defense for a while

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I believe he has a 24M euro buyout.

Worth a look?

Sidenote: Everybody's favorite Oli Torres has a 36M buyout in comparison.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Didn't we get priority on him or something like that in the Villa deal?

It's rumored that we have first refusal on Manquillo (RB on loan at Liverpool) and Niguez. But some also suggested Oliver Torres and Koke.

Alen

I don't think he's good enough. He's benefiting a lot from Simeone's system but first refusal is always nice.

Devils

:bartomeu: knew he would turn into a top midfielder and thats why they wanted first refusal on him through the Villa sale.

Genius at work. :bartomeu:

Home of Barca Fans