Saul Niguez

khaled_a_d

Lots of rumor he is going to Manu. Apparently because he started following them and many of their players/legends on insta

Messi983

Apparently going to Bayern for 80m. Don't see it happening but then again I didn't expect Bayern to pay 80m for Lucas Hernandez either.

Andresito

Staff member
For that amount he needs to become a sure starter. With Goretzka, Kimmich and Muller forming a great triangle, it'll be tough to squeeze Saul in at the moment. Plus there's Musiala who needs plenty of playing time.

I think they'd want to save that money for Haaland next year.

Porque

Relax. We're gonna use our first option from the David Villa sale and sign him for 80m before Bayern.

TheStig

He is in the rumors about the Saul - Griez swap. I would go for it as Griez is trash but I'm not sure how Saul would fit. Could he play DM in a 4-3-3 or only as a CM? He played some as a left wingback right? Could he also be a backup at LB?

Porque

Ok, so it is apples with oranjes but Saul wage is higher than what PSG is paying Wijnaldum.

I get that we are in a desperate situation and this deal would be an instrument to remove Griezmann wage from the cap. But it shows what a demoralising situation Bartomeu left us in when we are having to make deals not out of sporting merit but last minute financials.

For what it is worth, Saul is not my favourite midfielder in the world, but I do see this deal helping our midfield and taking the burden off of guys like Ilaix.

MTL_Barca

He is in the rumors about the Saul - Griez swap. I would go for it as Griez is trash but I'm not sure how Saul would fit. Could he play DM in a 4-3-3 or only as a CM? He played some as a left wingback right? Could he also be a backup at LB?

I think he's best when he can attack as well, lone DM doesn't seem that fitting to me. Question then would be if Frenkie can be the long-term replacement for Busquets.

Ideally i'd say 2 of Pedri, Saul, Frenkie + a strong DM would look quite nice but that will be difficult.

Saul isn't my dream signing but i'd definitely take him over Pjanic, Roberto, Puig even coming from a mediocre season if we don't get a better opportunity to sell/trade off Griezmann.

Yannik

I don't see why Saul is in discussion at the moment. As things stand. Messi can't be resigned unless a lot of players leave, and all of Aguero, Garcia, Depay and Royal are still not officially registered to La Liga because Barca has to sell key players. And said key players do not want to leave apparently. It's already an alarming situation, even without Saul.

Last edited:

Devils

@MatteMoretto | Barcelona and Atletico de Madrid continue to talk about the Griezmann & Saul trade. This is a very difficult operation due to a number of issues but there are contacts. There is no doubt that Griezmann will give the Ok.

This is definitely gaining momentum.

We're getting robbed though lmao.

FinBarcelonafan

@MatteMoretto | Barcelona and Atletico de Madrid continue to talk about the Griezmann & Saul trade. This is a very difficult operation due to a number of issues but there are contacts. There is no doubt that Griezmann will give the Ok.

This is definitely gaining momentum.

We're getting robbed though lmao.

Yes. This will be super shityy deal. We will regret in one month.

If this is the only deal on table.. damn. Not sure what to do. I guess Messi plus Saul is still better than Griez and nobody.

Home of Barca Fans