Puyol to leave Barca in June

H

Haruko The Goon

What could his last match be?

Is the Spanish Cup final before or after the last game of the league season?

Faceless

No more faces at night
I knew this day will come.. but Puyol forever is to me, one of the best defenders in the world and the most passionate football captain ever. GRACIES PUYOL :puyol::cry:

Football will never be the same without you and the old boys..

R

RandomGuy80

Hard to imagine puyol not beeing part of the team anymore..im happy he knew when the best time was to step back..now he is a legend that will never be forgotten!..i really hope he doesnt leave the club and i also can imagine him as a barca coach one day;)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

V

voodoomaster

Maybe its not popular to say, but what I am going to remember best is his goal against germany in the semis in 2010. It was just pure, raw power, such a goal had to be scored by puyol. It was mighty - my best memory from 2010 wc, no doubt about it. What a force.

adil_909

1656018_711039712288280_1212754018_n.jpg

I

instinct

I don't think that he will play in such an important game. But let's see.

flamenco

were it not for his last injuries he'd still be hanging in there tough as a first choice player. Great guy, unforgettable player for Barca fans and maybe for Spain fans also . Let's hope whoever his replacement is will make him proud.:puyol:
1962667_635622703172447_1867409752_n.jpg

Cutty

Wow... Are they all the injuries he has been suffering from?

It'll be so sad to see him actually leave Barcelona!

He was a tank in defence and always had the leadership when the team needed it most!

FC Bracelona really wont be the same without him.

It'll be exciting to see whom the next generation of Barcelona players will be in the future years!

Good luck to whom ever has to fill this guys shoes though as it'll be no easy task, that's for sure.

:puyol: FOREVER

Ron

Old-School
It's been a while since I last posted here.
I'm always trying to find the time, but working full time around the clock makes it kinda hard for me. and then, came Puyol and changed everything. I knew then that I couldn't keep my thoughts inside my head.

You think you're living a decent, quiet life, and then comes a massage that changes everything in a heartbeat. this is how I felt when I heared Puyol is to hold a press conference. deep inside of me, I guess I knew what would go down, but I didn't want to believe. my heart was pounding all day long, and then, when Puyol announced it's his last season at FC Barcelona, my heart finally broke. something inside of me, and something in Barcelona Football Clud, died.

I Can't even imagine the day after Puyol. no disrespect to Abelardo, but I doubt it if anyone would even remember who wore the number 5 on his back before Puyol and it will be strange as hell to see someone else wearing it after him.

The great thing about puyi, is that as good as he was as a defender, he was even better as a man. I would explain, but I think this time, a picture (or a video in this case) is better than words:

[YOUTUBE]DcrnbHQxKiE[/YOUTUBE]

In the 2011\12 Champions League group stage draw, Puyi came with a FC Barcelona polo shirt. when ask why he chose to wear this shirt to such an event, he said: "I Looked at all of my suits and I've decided that I would be the happiest with Barça's symbol close to my heart". I guess he was speaking about the same heart that was responsible to one of the greatest saves in the history of the game, against Lokomotiv Moscow, almost a decade before:

[YOUTUBE]_9SeI1HbwUU[/YOUTUBE]

he wasn't the fastest defender in the world, the highest or the strongest, but he always won every ball and he did it with style. he was elegant as much as he was heroic, and you should read what other players and managers said about him to really understand how respected he was. always motivating his team mates, even when in a 4-0 advantage. every time he got injures, he surprised everyone by coming back a lot faster than expected.

When Ronaldinho played, and lost to Barça at the 'Joan Gamper Trophy' at 2010/2011, he let him keep the trophy. when Miki Roqué, former Real Betis player, got diagnosed with cancer, Puyol payed for the treatments with his own money. he let Tito Vilanova lift the La Liga trophy and he let Abidal lift the Champions League trophy in Wembley while wearing the captain arm band. That's the kind of man Puyol was. the bigger he was on the field, he was twice as big out side of it.

Even when leaving, he's doing it because he knows he can't play in the level required for FC Barcelona. once again, he's putting the benefit of the club first. that's why he's our captain, our heart & soul, a true FC Barcelona legend.

I really want him to retire at the end of this season, but I won't and I can't be selfish for someone who always put his club and us first. if he wants to play in a different club, I'll wish him the best of luck with hope that some day, he'll come back home. one way or another, this should be the greatest farewell of a FC Barcelona player in the history of the club, and I hope our players will do the best they can to let him leave this club with La Lige title and/or the Champions League trophy.

Moltes gràcies, Capità.

1014.jpg

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans