Jorginho

Paul

Exactly what I meant, we would lose 2 mids for a forward, so Jorginho would be an option.

Paul

I don't think Napoli are willing to sell Jorginho who's their best player IMO.

Sounds like another one of those "ain't for sale" but indefinitely, what player was ever for sale in the last 2 years?
Higuain, Pogba, Coutinho, Neymar, Andre Gomes, Morata, Matic, Lukaku, Mendy etc were all "untranslatable"
Everybody is applying the Tottenham selling strategy in the past couple of years ( except Barca ).

El Flaco

Only reason why Juventus managed to get Higuain is because they paid his release clause, which Napoli couldn't do anything about it.

De Laurentiis said in the summer that he turned down offers for the likes of Koulibaly, Mertens, Jorginho (who're all key players).

Napoli definitely needs them if they are going to fight for Scudetto and go far in Champions League (if they're qualifed for group stage).

Paul

They don't look like they're able to fight for the title, most likely will be happy to finish 4th and play in the Champions League Group Stage (as Milan will up their pace).

El Flaco

They don't look like they're able to fight for the title, most likely will be happy to finish 4th and play in the Champions League Group Stage (as Milan will up their pace).

Based on what? Unlike Roma, Napoli have kept all of their best players this season, the squad is pretty close knit, and their young players have had time to settle in. Since Sarri was appointed as their coach, Napoli played the most entertaining football in Serie A (their style of play is very similair to Pep's Barca) while setting club record for points gained for the last two seasons. They will definitely be capable to fight for Scudetto and given to the core of Juve's squad is old and could decline at any time, Napoli might even win this time. As for Milan, it's too early for them to challenging a top 3 spot IMO. It will take time for many of their new players to settle in.

Paul

Based on what? Unlike Roma, Napoli have kept all of their best players this season, the squad is pretty close knit, and their young players have had time to settle in. Since Sarri was appointed as their coach, Napoli played the most entertaining football in Serie A (their style of play is very similair to Pep's Barca) while setting club record for points gained for the last two seasons. They will definitely be capable to fight for Scudetto and given to the core of Juve's squad is old and could decline at any time, Napoli might even win this time. As for Milan, it's too early for them to challenging a top 3 spot IMO. It will take time for many of their new players to settle in.

At first yeah, I would say Milan could just hope to play in the CL finishing 4th because they need time to put things together but they have the chance to go at least 2nd ( though it won't matter as much face to 3rd like last year ).
But Italy isn't Spain or England, it's mostly trash teams. And Milan already is looking well already though they lack a star in the midfield.
Most likely scenario is that Juventus keep their title without Bonucci and Alves and while I do like Napoli for the things you mentioned, it's just a thing of the level of Serie A why they scored so many points in the past 2 years, they looked weaker and weaker every year with only Juventus being at an acceptable level in the CL though, you saw, they still were no where at the level in the final.

El Flaco

I'd rather say Napoli's points record has more to do with them being ridiculously good over anything else. I should also mention that they also did well in Champions League last season. Finished 1st place in their group ahead of Benfica and (despite poor finishing) outplaying in both legs against Real Madrid who made their best season over the past 50 years. And while I do agree that La Liga is way superior to Serie A, but I wouldn't really say the same about EPL. The English teams haven't really been all that great in Europe despite paying billions and billions for signings in every summer. And had UEFA not changed the rules, England would've probably had 3 CL-spots ahead of 18/19 season.

Paul

Napoli does have a good midfield so they could afford to sell Jorginho: Ziellinski, Giaccherini, Hamsik, Allan, Rog, Diawara and they could sign someone from Italy's midtable to cover for losing him.

It's only about negotiations skills, any club just says their players are not for sale.

Problem is we already signed Paulinho, not even Seri is on our radar anymore, if we wouldn't have signed the idiot from China, we could've afforded to go for Jorginho.

Home of Barca Fans