• Lahm

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Zhirkov

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Andres Iniesta

Personaly i like a lot of zhirkov and i woul like to see him in barcelona but lahm is a great defender too. What do u think?

shadows

we want a no nonsense defender who can play CB also(optional) like Abidal is..Not an attacking LB..coz then Alves and Lahm will be caught out ...

Andres Iniesta

I dont know how to make a poll.lol I understand your reasons but imagine that d.alves is injured or suspended we could put puyol on the right and zhirkov or lahm on the left. Besides we have good CB`s. Just wanna know your opinion.. i`m new here.

ONCE BARÇA. FOREVER BARÇA!! ;)

Evil

Shabazz
I added the poll. Lahm seems like a decent option, plus he can be a backup for Alves as well.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
I say Zhirkov, because he's more of an attacking player to Lahm who's more of a defender. And when teams park the bus and mark our attackers our wingers are Key as we've seen Alves do this season.

Just imagine Alves on both sides (Zhirkov being on the other), he can defend as well.

Lahm can play both sides and is a good defender though..

Tough one but i'll go with Zhirkov

maz

I walk the line
Assuming we keep abidal (hasnt been any rumours otherwise) it doesnt make sense to bring in lahm as well. Zhirkov offers a decent second option like sylvinho did. I was really impressed with him in the euros.

Guardian

Both of them posses fantastic attacking skills but they both suck shit at defence. Zhirkov plays as left winger at his club CSKA Moskva, so he shouldn't be considered as defender at all. In Euro 2008 Germany conceded almost all goals from the left flank where Lahm operates, imo he's a poor defender too. It would make sense if Barca had a defensive right back, but having two attacking full backs could let the team be easily exposed in the back.

maz

I walk the line
Yes i agree about the RB. But this is for LB. And since sylvinho will move on imminently (or retire) it would be good to get a replacement.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
What the ....
Why do we need another LB?
Maybe a backup for Abi because Sylvinho is retiring. Zhirkov haven`t played for more than a year on LB position. He has been regular on left wing...
But both Abi or Lahm won`t be in Barca just to sit on bench....
Abi has been great in recent weeks and almost all goals that we achieved were caused because of the leak on right side of our defense...
We depend a lot on Xavi`s performances...and while Toure and Iniesta are mostly playing on very high level Xavi has his good and bad days this year...
We just need a longer bench and thats all....

Home of Barca Fans