Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Zhirkov

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

maz

I walk the line
Gio didnt play at LB either until he moved there at Arsenal. And he was a pretty solid LB. No one is saying abidal isnt good..but we need some cover and also a second option e.g. last 10 mins in the CL when we need to score.

Guardian

Yes i agree about the RB. But this is for LB. And since sylvinho will move on imminently (or retire) it would be good to get a replacement.

Zhirkov and Lahm are never going to join Barca as back up players, they would always prefer to join teams who can offer them first team football. Both are international stars and plenty of teams are after them, Zhirkov is too expensive to be a back-up player and he is a winger and not defender. Hiddink used him as left back and he succeeded at that, but to be honest he was poor in Spain games. IMO Barca should look for other cheaper options. Insua from Liverpool, Maxwell from Inter, Sissokho from Porto or something of the sort.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
Zhirkov and Lahm are never going to join Barca as back up players, they would always prefer to join teams who can offer them first team football. Both are international stars and plenty of teams are after them, Zhirkov is too expensive to be a back-up player and he is a winger and not defender. Hiddink used him as left back and he succeeded at that, but to be honest he was poor in Spain games. IMO Barca should look for other cheaper options. Insua from Liverpool, Maxwell from Inter, Sissokho from Porto or something of the sort.
Sissokho is really great and he could accept bench...

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
He's just starting out, what makes you think he'd accept being benched? he wouldn't..

reiniksrobis

Munichmaniac
I voted Zhirkov for YOUR next LB, cos I don't want to see Lahm going :D Of course, I think Lahm is the best LB in world right now! But I think Barca should keep Abidal ;)

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
neither i lost all respect for lahm in Eurro final... good ol abidal please... we have alves coming up the flank at all times its good for eric to hold back

Home of Barca Fans