User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Barcelona V Betis - 6th April 2014

  1. #1
    New signing

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Barcelona V Betis - 6th April 2014

    Travelling to Barcelona from Ireland for the weekend and noticed this game is due to be played. On checking it seems the date and time has not yet been confirmed so I was wondering is this likely to change at all ? Also at what stage can you purchase tickets for the game?

    Thanks for any help in advance much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the same boat, for the Grenada game in the first weekend of May. Yes, you can buy tickets now. No, the date and time of the Betis game has not yet been set, nor the Celta Vigo game. This is really tough for those of us trying to travel for these home games.

    Games can be Friday, Sat, Sun, on Mon. Barca home games are almost never Fri or Mon. Barca's game times tend to be late in the evening.

  3. #3
    New signing

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    I'm in the same boat, for the Grenada game in the first weekend of May. Yes, you can buy tickets now. No, the date and time of the Betis game has not yet been set, nor the Celta Vigo game. This is really tough for those of us trying to travel for these home games.

    Games can be Friday, Sat, Sun, on Mon. Barca home games are almost never Fri or Mon. Barca's game times tend to be late in the evening.
    Cheers PhilS much appreciated. Fingers crossed it works out for us both

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,908
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    I'm in the same boat, for the Grenada game in the first weekend of May. Yes, you can buy tickets now. No, the date and time of the Betis game has not yet been set, nor the Celta Vigo game. This is really tough for those of us trying to travel for these home games.

    Games can be Friday, Sat, Sun, on Mon. Barca home games are almost never Fri or Mon. Barca's game times tend to be late in the evening.
    Do you mean Getafe?

  5. #5
    New signing

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been checking for tickets for the last few weeks and the whole stadium has been available to look at and pick seats in then all of a sudden the ends behind both the goals are no longer available to look at and a lot of the main stands are grayed out too - is there any reason for this or is anyone else having this problem?

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    16,307
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's because the seats are sold.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,908
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby19 View Post
    Been checking for tickets for the last few weeks and the whole stadium has been available to look at and pick seats in then all of a sudden the ends behind both the goals are no longer available to look at and a lot of the main stands are grayed out too - is there any reason for this or is anyone else having this problem?
    Don't worry as plenty of seats will be freed, especially if we look out of the title race.

  8. #8
    New signing

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galning View Post
    It's because the seats are sold.
    I'm visiting Barcelona that weekend and have been looking for tickets for 5 people. I made a crazy assumption that since Real Betis is in last place last time I looked, that tickets would be available. If I look at other La Liga games besides Athletico, hundreds of tickets are available. Any idea what it is about this game or that weekend that has the game nearly sold out?

    Thank you for any replies.

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    16,307
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I'm visiting Barcelona that weekend and have been looking for tickets for 5 people. I made a crazy assumption that since Real Betis is in last place last time I looked, that tickets would be available. If I look at other La Liga games besides Athletico, hundreds of tickets are available. Any idea what it is about this game or that weekend that has the game nearly sold out?

    Thank you for any replies.
    I still see tickets available. The problem with the website is that they only put a couple of seats available, not all. In reality there's a lot more free seats than being displayed on the website. You can buy the tickets via the website or just wait until you are in Barcelona. As you said youself, it will never ever be sold out and you'll still be able to buy tickets even on match day.

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    Do you mean Getafe?
    Indeed, the tickets do say Getafe. Not sure I can distinguish between Getafe and Grenada, I'm going to see Barca slaughter a much weaker opponent. I'm also going to the game the next Wednesday vs. Athletic, I expect them to put up quite a fight. I just hope Barca is still in the running for La Liga by these games.

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galning View Post
    I still see tickets available. The problem with the website is that they only put a couple of seats available, not all. In reality there's a lot more free seats than being displayed on the website. You can buy the tickets via the website or just wait until you are in Barcelona. As you said youself, it will never ever be sold out and you'll still be able to buy tickets even on match day.
    Thanks for this info, this type of thing is hard to figure out for us very distant fans. What you are saying jives with the attendence being below capacity for almost every game except El Clasico.

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    16,307
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    Thanks for this info, this type of thing is hard to figure out for us very distant fans. What you are saying jives with the attendence being below capacity for almost every game except El Clasico.
    Exactly. You should never worry about getting tickets (and definitely not for a home game against Betis). The only games where you have to act quickly are CL semi-finals, clasicos & potential title deciding games.

  13. #13
    New signing

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galning View Post
    Exactly. You should never worry about getting tickets (and definitely not for a home game against Betis). The only games where you have to act quickly are CL semi-finals, clasicos & potential title deciding games.
    This is great news, my daughter will be so happy to go. Would you say that buying them at the ticket office at the stadium would be the best idea? I assume members give up seats back to the ticket office that way. Sorry for the noob questions. If you ever want to find cheap tickets to a Seattle Sounders game I may be able to help.

    Bring on El Clasico!

  14. #14
    Moderator
    Galning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    16,307
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    This is great news, my daughter will be so happy to go. Would you say that buying them at the ticket office at the stadium would be the best idea? I assume members give up seats back to the ticket office that way. Sorry for the noob questions. If you ever want to find cheap tickets to a Seattle Sounders game I may be able to help.

    Bring on El Clasico!
    Yeah the ticket offices at the stadium are the way to go. No worries, I always want to help out fellow CulÚs

  15. #15
    New signing

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby19 View Post
    On checking it seems the date and time has not yet been confirmed so I was wondering is this likely to change at all ?
    Now it dawns on me why they hadn't scheduled this game.. They were waiting on the CL draw. Now that FCB is playing on April 1, I'm hoping they will schedule this game for the 6th. Although they will have one heck of a tough April this year! They have to play Athletico 3 days later then RM the following week. I have a bad feeling they will be resting most of the starters for the Betis game.