FC Barcelona Official Statement concerning Neymar signing

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
La Liga president Javier Tebas could fine Barcelona 300,000 euros if Neymar's signing breached the rules of economic control [efe]

slk123

From reading the posts in this or other threads regarding the topic one would think I just registered in a blanco forum. Just don't get how biased people are regarding our current legislation to embrace the media exaggeration and dismiss every statement the club makes as a lie.

Yes, the Neymar deal seems shady, but so seems the whole football transfer market, heck so is most likely the whole world of big business. while I'm disgusted about how much money was involved besides the official figures it would be naive to think other prestige transfers wouldn't have realization costs of a similar scale. We'll probably never know, since all that drama thats happening right now will be the reason other clubs keep those secret.

It was a bad move from Cases, he set the stage for the witch hunt thats happening now. basically he gave Florentino a free blow on Barca. regardless if Barca ends up paying those 13.5m tax on wages or not, people will remember tax fraud and corruption even if it has no basis in fact.

I actually wonder if Cases was just so naive that he didn't see that coming or so blind in his opposition to Rosell that he didn't care.

F

Flavia

I actually wonder if Cases was just so naive that he didn't see that coming or so blind in his opposition to Rosell that he didn't care.
I think it's the second. Or he had some "incentives" to do it, you never know these days.

The Observer

Cases should have done all this during the summer break during the World Cup. Destabilizing the club in the middle of the season because of a personal agenda against Rosell. Well done.

Galning

Can't believe some are blaming the man who pointed out another's mistake. If Rosell did everything according to the rules Cases would've been just another member.

F

Flavia

Can't believe some are blaming the man who pointed out another's mistake. If Rosell did everything according to the rules Cases would've been just another member.

He could had chosen a better time to do it. During a season it just disrupts the team.

F

Flavia

It´s the deal that disrupts the team not the member that had this scam investigated.

Nothing would be happening, so nothing would be disrupting the team. I'm not defending rosell, but Cases' timing wasn't the best. And if all signings were to be investigated like this one, problems would always surface.

Eetu

Adormit
Well, the way they were driving things forward, drawing up construction deals and sale of future stadium's naming rights could've been happening before he was gone. And with his history and the magnitude of those dealings, I prefer it this way.

F

Flavia

He could had chosen a better time to do it. During a season it just disrupts the team.

Nothing would be happening, so nothing would be disrupting the team. I'm not defending rosell, but Cases' timing wasn't the best. And if all signings were to be investigated like this one, problems would always surface.

Quoting myself for context... Cases timing was the worst. I don't know if this is what really triggered the problems, but the team is in shambles right now. This is surely a factor.

MagIX

Taking a look to our transfer market in the last years is really sad, beyond ridiculous.

I like Naymar, he has a great potential.... but hey, fuck off really, 100mio for a 21y.o. in europe unproven player. It'a bet worth 100mio.
Ronaldo has been paid 94mio! an absolutely proven player

Is there really a player we bought in the last years who made us a better team ? a leap of quality ? a guessed purchase ?in my opinion not.
Ibra, Villa, Sanchez, Song, Mascherano, Cesc,... honestly i can not say that they really and constantly improved the team.

On the other side, to sell players we were really good :facepalm:: Eto'o :cry:, Villa (bought for 40mio, sold for a crumb), Alcantara (cantera young impressive talent, ideal to replace the old Xavi).

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Villa was a great signing. Shame about the injury. Remember he was a laporta player not the clown that is rossell

MagIX

Villa was a great signing. Shame about the injury. Remember he was a laporta player not the clown that is rossell

No, he wasnt. We bought a striker who has to play as winger.
And 40mio for a 29y.o player, is not a good deal.

Home of Barca Fans