Hi, its me..
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EURO 2016 Qualifying

yup, i forgot about this too

The Euro 2016 qualifying draw pots

Pot 1: Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Bosnia-Hercegovina.

Pot 2: Ukraine, Croatia, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Republic of Ireland.

Pot 3: Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Israel, Norway, Slovakia, Romania, Austria, Poland.

Pot 4: Montenegro, Armenia, Scotland, Finland, Latvia, Wales, Bulgaria, Estonia, Belarus.

Pot 5: Iceland, Northern Ireland, Albania, Lithuania, Moldova, FYR Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Cyprus.

Pot 6: Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands, Malta, Andorra, San Marino, Gibraltar.

There will be eight groups of six teams and one of five, and in a romantic nod to the fine traditions of football, England, Germany, Italy, Spain and Holland must all be in one of the six-team groups for television rights reasons.

France will also take part in qualifying, the first hosts to do so after a rule change, although no qualifying points will rest on their fixtures. They will play in the finals whatever the outcome of their games.

Explaining the recent rule change, UEFA president Michel Platini said it was brought in because the hosts, who are normally exempt from qualifying, have found it hard to arrange friendlies in the past.

He added that France will join the group that includes five teams. None of England, Germany, Italy, Spain or Netherlands will be in that group for television rights reasons. The other eight groups will contain six teams.
    Last edited by impeh; 23rd February 2014 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gd enough draw wd have loved ni in with gibralter

Hi, its me..
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The full draw

Group A: Netherlands, Kazakhstan, Iceland, Latvia, Turkey, Czech Republic
    Group B: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cyprus, Andorra, Wales, Israel, Belgium
    Group C: Spain, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia, Ukraine
    Group D: Germany, Gibraltar, Georgia, Scotland, Poland, Republic of Ireland
    Group E: England, San Marino, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovenia, Switzerland
    Group F: Greece, Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland, Finland, Romania, Hungary
    Group G: Russia, Lichtenstein, Moldova, Montenegro, Austria, Sweden
    Group H: Italy, Malta, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Norway, Croatia
    Group I: Portugal, Albania, Armenia, Serbia, Denmark

Incidentally, France will be tacked onto Group I for their selection of jazzy friendlies.

I am Leg End
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy with the draw for Greece.

Let's be honest Holland, Belgium, Spain, Germany, England, Russia, Italy and Portugal have gimme's to the finals already. Wales will pose a threat to Bosnia and perhaps Belgium so not a gimme Bosnia.
    "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."
    Bob Paisley.

Adormit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best draw for us since about 18 years ago. For example the last time we had Greece, there were Germany and England too. Last time with Northern Ireland, it was Germany and Turkey. Of course too often it has been lack of consistency that killed us. But Euro 2016 has been the main aim for a while now and couldn't happier with how it's looking now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Albania vs. serbia .... smelling blood here. Not a bad draw, considering that the 3rd place goes to play-off. These qualifications will definitely be interesting !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
    Best draw for us since about 18 years ago. For example the last time we had Greece, there were Germany and England too. Last time with Northern Ireland, it was Germany and Turkey. Of course too often it has been lack of consistency that killed us. But Euro 2016 has been the main aim for a while now and couldn't happier with how it's looking now.
    Knowing Finland, they're going to end up like fourth in that group anyway.

Killahead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell is with Greece getting the easiest groups ever since they won Euro 2004??!
    There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should be able to snag at least a 3rd place..Go Sweden

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We(Norway) will most likely end up with nothing and not make it as usual lately.
    Coutinho Aleñá
    Busquets

Make Barcelona's Midfield Great Again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap we got Germany. I think we have a decent chance of Second though over Poland, Scotland and Georgia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is it for Finland now. Do or die. All eyes have been on these fixtures since Mixu Paatelainen took charge. There is no room for excuses now, we should have the quality to go through.

Greece is going to be difficult even at home but taking points is possible for us, just like we took a point against Spain away from home last time around. Romania and Hungary will be difficult as well but generally we should be quite equal to both sides.

The way I see it, if our strikers get their shooting boots on we will go through since our defence is rock solid if Moisander is alright. The problem has been the lack of goals lately although chances are being created with a nice frequency. Luckily we have quite a lot of options this time and there are some promising youngsters playing in Germany who might be ready to play a big part in the qualifiers.

My prediction: Greece will go through as the group winner and Finland takes the second spot leaving Romania and Hungary behind.
    Més Que Un Club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrybai View Post
    Crap we got Germany. I think we have a decent chance of Second though over Poland, Scotland and Georgia.
    Definitely will beat Scotland, Scotland always pick by who you play for rather than how good you are and would rather pick someone from English lower leagues than players who have been great in the SPFL which IMO you should always pick national league if they are the same standard

Estonian Culé
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Estonia can go through if we play like we used to be in EURO 2012 Qualifying. England will beat us for sure, but if we can get things going against Switzerland and all the other countries then I think we are through.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Group C is quite easy, I think Spain will not have a problem with a promotion to UERO 2016. The second place in the group can take Ukraine or Slovakia.