Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa

L

linetty

Having first refusal means shit now, right? He can join another team and we can't do anything during the ban.

Alarcón

He'll renew his contract.

I watched him a few times and he's good, already scored more goals than Neymar at his age I think, but he won't be as good as Neymar. Especially for Barça, his first touch and awareness seem sub-par. Of course he's still young and it will improve but yeah.

CuleLife4Life

He or Mosquito could become the striker Brazil desperately needs.

I'll be very, very surprised if he gets called up to the national team during Dunga's tenure. He'll probably make the rounds in the sub divisions and then after the 2018 WC get his chance at the senior team.

I'd love for him to get to La Masia without being on the first team. Barca could mold him to become the player they need while improving his weaknesses. Don't think it will happen though.

CuleLife4Life

He faded majorly for a while after his initial hype last summer. He really just recently brought his game backup with the hiring of Dorival JR( who was also the manager Neymar got fired back lol).

I'm still very weary though. I feel like a lot of non-Brazilians still get mystified when they hear "Gabigol" from the hype he was getting after Neymar left but he really just hasn't been that great.

Jair Ventura

Invited to meetings with the representatives of several European clubs, Wagner Ribeiro, agent of midfielder Lucas Lima and striker Gabigol, is in Europe for 18 days. Wagner Ribeiro's trip to Europe includes stops in France, Spain, Italy and England. Paris Saint-Germain, for example, have on hand a proposal for Gabigol which would let him stay at Santos until the end of the Olympic Games, held in Rio de Janeiro in August. Values of the negotiation and contract length were not disclosed by the agent. In addition to the French club, AC Milan have also expressed interest but they're yet to formalize an offer. However, before accepting any proposal for Gabriel, Santos must notify Barcelona, who have a purchase priority, something they acquired as part of Neymar's transfer in 2013.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/times/santos/noticia/2015/12/empresario-confirma-o-interesse-de-europeus-por-gabigol-e-lucas-lima.html

Last edited:

Neville

He should not go to PSG, it would be just another lucas moura... I think he should do like Neymar and stay in Brazil at least two more years.

Home of Barca Fans