Yevhen Konoplyanka

JamDav1982

It does for this season, if a player wants to play in the cl. Your 9 out of 10 argument is also from your head, not a fact in the slightest.

Of course 'nine times out of ten' isnt scientifically accurate it is a common saying to say majority of time players will choose Liverpool over Sevilla.

Plenty of teams in England and Spain have had one off seasons in the CL and it doesnt drastically alter the players these clubs can attract.

Sevilla a bigger club or bigger draw from players than Liverpool. Your opinion on that is not fact or based on anything either.

F

Flavia

Of course 'nine times out of ten' isnt scientifically accurate it is a common saying to say majority of time players will choose Liverpool over Sevilla.

Plenty of teams in England and Spain have had one off seasons in the CL and it doesnt drastically alter the players these clubs can attract.

Sevilla a bigger club or bigger draw from players than Liverpool. Your opinion on that is not fact or based on anything either.

I'm basing that on the fact they have won titles lately, and that they're also playing the cl.
They have been more relevant and are currently a bigger club for that, I wasn't talking about history, as I have mentioned before.

JamDav1982

I'm basing that on the fact they have won titles lately, and that they're also playing the cl.
They have been more relevant and are currently a bigger club for that, I wasn't talking about history, as I have mentioned before.

In this country Celtic have won plenty of trophies including a european one fairly recently along with regular CL football.

So have the likes of Porto yet these clubs have little chance if English teams come in for their players. Even low English teams that are nowhere near the draw of Liverpool.

Playing Champions League football for what is likely to be a one off season or having potential to win Europa League is not that big a draw for players compared to the money and exposure of playing in England.

I wish Sevilla was a great draw for players but it isnt. Players are looking to leave virtually every summer.

F

Flavia

And yet they have had a better squad than most english sides for many seasons. Intriguing.

JamDav1982

And yet they have had a better squad than most english sides for many seasons. Intriguing.

Yip they have had a better squad than a lot of English teams. Cant dispute that.

Not been achieved through being a great draw for players that a lot of big/rich clubs are in for.

As many people give them credit for it has been the brilliant work of Monchi finding players not heavily chased by richer clubs.

F

Flavia

Monchi surely does a awesome job. But watch sevilla get a better replacement for Bacca than someone like Benteke. In the last few years I haven't seen Liverpool being that attractive to players.

JamDav1982

Monchi surely does a awesome job. But watch sevilla get a better replacement for Bacca than someone like Benteke. In the last few years I haven't seen Liverpool being that attractive to players.

Yeah Bacca who left Sevilla for AC Milan and no CL football which says it about how big a pull it is.

Monchi could well find someone as good/better than Bacca. That is a totally different debate as to which clubs are bigger draws for players when wanted by a few top clubs.

F

Flavia

Yeah Bacca who left Sevilla for AC Milan and no CL football which says it about how big a pull it is.

Monchi could well find someone as good/better than Bacca. That is a totally different debate as to which clubs are bigger draws for players when wanted by a few top clubs.

I don't consider liverpool a top club anymore. And I also don't see them as that big draw as you put it. Liverpool were interested in Bacca, and he chose Milan. But he was criticized by a good part of the spanish press, for giving up on playing the CL. Bacca even said it costed a lot fot him to make such decision. Probably money changed his mind, but to say playing in the CL is not a big attractive to players... :lol: whatever, jamdav.

JamDav1982

I don't consider liverpool a top club anymore. And I also don't see them as that big draw as you put it. Liverpool were interested in Bacca, and he chose Milan. But he was criticized by a good part of the spanish press, for giving up on playing the CL. Bacca even said it costed a lot fot him to make such decision. Probably money changed his mind, but to say playing in the CL is not a big attractive to players... :lol: whatever, jamdav.

Never said CL wasn't attractive but it's not as big a factor as you make out for players who can't compete in it as Bacca showed and as Ander Herrera showed last year. As teams in Portugal, Holland etc show every year as players look to leave to richer teams in stronger leagues.

F

Flavia

Never said CL wasn't attractive but it's not as big a factor as you make out for players who can't compete in it as Bacca showed and as Ander Herrera showed last year. As teams in Portugal, Holland etc show every year as players look to leave to richer teams in stronger leagues.

Yes, and sevilla is in the strongest league, top 5 in the league, and with CL football, makes them more attractive than midtable epl sides.

JamDav1982

Yes, and sevilla is in the strongest league, top 5 in the league, and with CL football, makes them more attractive than midtable epl sides.

Yet doesn't make them attractive to arguably their best player to a mid table team in Italy. A poorer league than EPL.

Nor did it make Bilbao a more attractive position to Herrera vs mid table English side.

Of course money is a factor that's one of main points. Money out weighs playing in CL on most part with these players.

Antimilan

Yet doesn't make them attractive to arguably their best player to a mid table team in Italy. A poorer league than EPL.

Nor did it make Bilbao a more attractive position to Herrera vs mid table English side.

Of course money is a factor that's one of main points. Money out weighs playing in CL on most part with these players.

Bacca was one of the best, but far from the best... way far. Krychowiak, Pareja, Banega, Vidal and M'bia... these were our true stars in 2014-15.

Also, the Bacca deal was for 30 million euros, his total release clause which no other club paid. Moreover, it included an ease in negotiations for Rami (Lyon were favorites on signing him until the last moment) and we signed him for a low price of 3,5 million.

Bacca was going to leave anyway, and he chose the money, not the club prestige and trophies opportunity. This is something very common of players being 29+. They care about the family and want to make as much money as possible before leaving. That was M'bia's case. But of course not every player is the same.

I wouldn't say that money definitely out weighs playing in CL as to the attraction part. Every component plays its part in the football world. However, first comes business of the clubs, then everything else nowadays.

Also for the 100th time, I hope the British people will understand it once and for all. EPL is a strong marketing brand with the majority of the fan base in Asia, not necessarily a qualitative football league. English national football team speaks for itself.

Oh and Man Utd was mid-table like once in 30 years or something like that, for Liverpool it's not something new.

Egert

Estonian Culé
We have a replacement for Pedro ready if he deicdes to leave in the future.

Oleg Konoplyanka (father): "It's too early now, but Yevhen's goal is to play for Barça in the future. Now we focus on Sevilla." [matchday]

EdmondDantes

We have a replacement for Pedro ready if he deicdes to leave in the future.

Oleg Konoplyanka (father): "It's too early now, but Yevhen's goal is to play for Barça in the future. Now we focus on Sevilla." [matchday]

Not the best thing to say when you sign for a club in the same league. The lad finally got his move though, I think he's gonna do well. I wonder why other clubs didn't pounce when they could get him for not much.

Zinedinho

Not the best thing to say when you sign for a club in the same league. The lad finally got his move though, I think he's gonna do well. I wonder why other clubs didn't pounce when they could get him for not much.

Not the smartest thing to do.

Maybe he's making some rudimentary inductive reasoning: the best way to play for Barça is go to Sevilla first (Alves, Keita, Adriano, Rakitic and Vidal). But seriously, there seems to be a very good relationship between the two clubs, and that could help maximize his chances.

Home of Barca Fans