Yevhen Konoplyanka

Robbie

Any reason why Konoplyanka has had trouble leaving Dnipro? In the past few years, he was linked with a move (even rumoured to have had a medical at Stoke) only for it to fall through at the last second.

Xavinho

Surprised if he really does sign for Sevilla. I thought he'd end up at an Everton/Liverpool/Southampton level club in the Premier League.

F

Flavia

Surprised if he really does sign for Sevilla. I thought he'd end up at an Everton/Liverpool/Southampton level club in the Premier League.

Why? Sevilla is in the CL. I'd say they're a bigger club than those,currently.

Xavinho

Because those were the kind of clubs I'd seen him linked to in the media over the last couple of years. I remember him having a good game against Tottenham maybe a season or two back, and him being linked to them and Liverpool. Hadn't heard of any interest from Spain until now.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

We could be in the conference playing non league football and Sevilla will never be a bigger club than us. Although agreed on the other two :D However certainly they are the better team by far and will compete for CL places on a regular basis - or should do now.

However the reason why neither of those clubs got him last season either last summer or last winter was because of the owner and not the player. Quite simply the owner either wanted too much money or wanted to keep him at all costs. However I think it is a very good signing for Sevilla.

F

Flavia

I wasn't talking about history, just the current state of things.

StarLord

Sevilla are bigger and better than Everton/Spurs currently.

But Everton/Spurs have way more money than Sevilla. I find this to be a rather surprising and potentially very successful transfer from Sevilla.

F

Flavia

Nine times out of ten players will choose to go to Liverpool over Sevilla at moment.

A one off season in CL wont really change that.
It does for this season, if a player wants to play in the cl. Your 9 out of 10 argument is also from your head, not a fact in the slightest.

Home of Barca Fans