Ricardo Rodríguez

Alarcón

Ricardo Rodríguez is a Swiss left-back with Spanish and Chilean roots who currently plays for German outfit VfL Wolfsburg.

Ricardo-Rodriguez.jpg

Full name: Ricardo Iván Rodríguez Araya
Date of birth: 25.08.1992

He made his professional debut with Swiss club FC Zürich and joined Wolfsburg in 2012. He's been having a fantastic season so far and is regarded as one of the best full-backs in the Bundesliga and one of the most talented worldwide.

Rodríguez has a stunningly precise left foot, is very intelligent on the ball and defensively sound.

I've been following him since he won the U17 World Cup in 2009 and I'm surprised with his immense development. He's always been talented but I never thought he would become this good. Might become an option for Barça if we decided to go for a defensive full-back, however, I'm not sure how he would cope with fast wingers as he doesn't have Alba-like pace and agility.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
He's going to be a magnificent purchase for whoever buys him next. He'll be in the top 3 left backs in the world and most probably the best if he continues his development at the current rate.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Played quite well. Very impressive. Think a big club will sign him up after the WC if he continues like this.

Alarcón

The one problem I have with him is his speed. Other than that, he's amazing. Insane vision and footwork for a defender. I'd sign him up for sure.

Home of Barca Fans