Xavier Sala i Martin

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who don`t know, Xavier Sala i Martin is a professor of economics. He was also a president of FC Barcelona during the 2006 elections. He joined the Barca board recently and is hottly tipped to take over once Laporta`s term finishes.

He has a strange style. I could say a thing or two about the people who need to wear eye-stabbing suits to attract attention.
Besides do we really wan`t a scholar to run the club. After all, running a club is like running a business and my personal view is that college professors aren`t good in business world.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I accept his role as an economic advisor to the club, he's one of the world's greatest economists but as a president? No thanks. Like Bojan says, he has no practical experience in the business world plus I don't think that he's a suitable ambassador for the club with those stupid suits. Do we really want him turning up to CL games as the face of Barça dressed like this?

xsm1.jpg

Laporta's nominated successor has changed about three times before he finally settled on Xavier Sala, that says a lot and I don't think Barça should settle for a desperate choice from an outgoing President who has alienated many of the more able candidates for the job. I'd be happy to see Sala continue in his current advisory role but as a president? He's not getting my vote.

Barca_Ray_USA

I don`t know the guy so I`m reserving my judgment.
But I do agree that we could use a businessman at the helm. This guy however...

Beast

The Observer
xsm1.jpg

OMG.. people would tune in to Barca game just to laugh on him .. he maybe a genius but a big ass in selecting his suits
he looks like a pimp.. hope his car isn't a pink Cadillac .. i cannot imagine the amount of jokes that will revolve around him :lol:

gazza

xsm1.jpg

OMG.. people would tune in to Barca game just to laugh on him .. he maybe a genius but a big ass in selecting his suits
he looks like a pimp.. hope his car isn't a pink Cadillac .. i cannot imagine the amount of jokes that will revolve around him :lol:

He's probably the one that wants us to play in pink :rolleyes:

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Pimpin pimpin pimpin

now we know where he gets his fashion from!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans