Jose Manuel Pinto

M.L. King

The Preacher
PINTO_copia.jpg

Name: José Manuel Pinto Colorado
Position: Goalkeeper
Place of Birth: Puerto de Santa Maria (Cádiz)
Date of Birth: 15-11-1975
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 82 kg

Born in Puerto de Santa Maria (Cádiz) on November 15, 1975, Pinto start his professional career in Andalucia. After spending three seasons with Real Betis's B side, he moved up to the first team and made his debut for the club during the 1997/98 campaign. A year later he agreed to move to Celta Vigo, where would spend the next decade before leaving to go to Camp Nou.

After being replaced by Toni Prats at Betis, Pinto opted to join Celta and it was there that he found stability and was awarded the captain's armband. He went on to play 126 games in la Primera, 56 matches in la Segunda A as well as appearing in the Champions League and the UEFA Cup regularly with the club. As well as helping the side to qualify for the Champions League in 2003/04, Pinto won the Zamora Trophy as the best keeper in the league in 2005/06.

That year, Pinto conceded just 28 goals in 37 league matches (an average of 0.75 per game) and helped guide the team to sixth place in the top flight and into the UEFA Cup. The season before had seen Víctor Valdés win the Zamora.

When playing for Celta in the Second Division, FC Barcelona bought him in the January transfer window as cover for Albert Jorquera, sidelined with a long-term knee injury. He came on loan but FC Barcelona signed him permanently at the end of the 2007/08 season, during which he made his League debut away at Deportivo and then played in two more matches.(fcbarcelona.com)

M.L. King

The Preacher
Re: 13 - José Manuel Pinto Colorado

Made a huge save in the first half and thus saved us from trailing.

roll

Tryin` to be hated

This guy saved us tonight, he is way better than Valdes. He is a good backup but still we should buy one young GK. The way he saved Simao`s shot..ufff :D I hope Pep will continue to use him at least in Copa del Rey and some easy games in La Liga.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

He wasn`t the Zamora trophy winner for nothing. Can`t wait to see the highlights

Evil

Shabazz

Must take my hat off for him. Never thought he could be this good, I thought 33 year old couldn't make good saves but I am really mistaken. Probably the MoM today after Messi ..

IraqiCulé

Fantastic keeper to have as a backup. Valdes must be feeling the heat but I don't think one good performance is going to topple the club's faith in Valdes. Valdes is still our best keeper.

T

TinaFCB

I agree, he is a good goalkeeper, no need to spend money on another one

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Agreed. Barca doesn`t have to have World`s best 11 in their team to win titles.

Home of Barca Fans